Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gainz Boiiii

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Squats

Warm ups x whatever

90kg x 3
    102.5 x 3
    115 x 3

Some calf raises, wasn't in the mood but still got my session done. Half way through my 3rd cycle of 5/3/1

Have been working away as best I can but my back is incredibly bad at the minute, can't even shift a 120kg deadlift, have started trying to get through a stretching routine daily to improve it

Benched last Friday but didnt log

Today

Stretching and my first bout ever of foam rolling

Deadlift

50kg x 1(sharp pain in my back to start this, almost quit there and then)
    50kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    70kg x 5
    80kg x 5
    90kg x 5

The 80 and 90 set were probably the easiest as the blood was obviouslt flowing to my back and that stage so I had a bit of movement, 3 wide grip pull ups inbetween each deadlift set might also have helped.

BOR
    50kg x 3 x 5

Some more stretchiing and rolling to finish, I ave to try my best to get my back into a place where I feel comfortable with my lifts, slight fear there atm

Little bit of benching today, back was really bad so didn't wanna try too much. Bit bored with 5/3/1 so planning to try something else. I now am at 85kg will throw up a couple pics later before I start cutting on Monday

Big of light back work today as forgot my shorts for gym and then 30 mins of Pilates work when I got home

• Advertisement

Tried dead lifting yesterday, sharp pain in my lower back meant I only got as far as 80kg for 1 rep, pretty devastated.

I'm not sure where to go from here regarding deadlifts. Might need to start focusing on rack pulls from the knee

• Registered Users Posts: 24,600 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Still gonna stress your lower back. Maybe go to a physio.

Still gonna stress your lower back. Maybe go to a physio.

Money is an issue there, might try some anti inflams, see if it helps. What would u use for lower back Alf, I only have a Barbell and DB to work with

stuchyg wrote: »
    Money is an issue there, might try some anti inflams, see if it helps. What would u use for lower back Alf, I only have a Barbell and DB to work with

I'd rest it until it was better first.

Do you train I a gym or at home?

Monday - chest

4 x 15 rep scheme for flat, incline and Flyes

Wednesday - shoulders

Friday - bit of upper back work today and some core stuff

• Advertisement

Bench

40kg x 15
    45kg x 15
    47.5kg x 15
    50kg x 15

Incline

30kg x 4 x 15

Flyes
    5kg x 2 x 15
    7.5kg x 2 x 15

Row - 250m
    Wide Grip Pull Ups x 5
    Throw 100 punches at heavy bag
    Upright Row x 10
    Sit Ups x 30

Rest and repeat 4 times

1st time squatting in 2 months today due to back issues, kept it light but still felt good to be under the bar.

Worked up to a 3 x 5 @ 80kg

How is the back, fella?

Did you get it looked at or just rest it?

How is the back, fella?

Did you get it looked at or just rest it?

Not too bad ATM so Figured to try some squats, Weeks rest and delicious difene made the difference .I will give it another week and have a look at done deadlifting

stuchyg wrote: »
    Not too bad ATM so Figured to try some squats, Weeks rest and delicious difene made the difference .I will give it another week and have a look at done deadlifting

Good to hear. Just don't get back into DL too soon but good to see you lifting again.

Circuits again today

300m row
    15 push ups
    100 punches
    15 hip thrusts
    30 sit ups

4 rounds, I actually thought I would throw up at one point, havin to do this kinda thing is the only part of cutting that bothers me

Benched Wednesday

Today

Some light back work, pull ups, GM's, BOR followed by some box squats

Worked up to a 120kg single, still taking it easy with the back.

Yesterday shoulders, today arms. Really not in the mood for training the last couple days, cut is going well though.

Training arms may also be one of the most boring things to do in a gym, after cardio of course

Bench 3 x 15
    Pullovers 3 x 15
    Incline 3 x 15
    Flyes 3 x 15

Followed by some ice water dumped in my head

• Advertisement
Advertisement