Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error 80090304

Options
  • 10-03-2014 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭

Hi My son has been unable to log in to his Xbox profile and is getting this error 80090304, he can log into his account on his cousins xbox and it works fine, and deleted the hard drive also. We have been in touch with Microsoft and to be honest we found them to be useless.....we went through all the procedures with them but nothing.
    Has anyone come across this before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Did you try searching in google, 1 article I could find FIX for Xbox360 Error Code 80090304 has some steps

FIX for Xbox360 Error Code 80090304

I spent about four hours on with tech support trying to fix this error with my Xbox because there is no record of it in the Microsoft database, so I wanted to share in case it can help someone else.

Essentially, the error is a flawed security prompt that asks you to verify your email and password upon logging in to Xbox Live, but rejects the information and says “An error has occurred,” giving the above code.

Here’s the fix:

1) Go to Settings/Internet
    2) Go to Customize Internet Settings
    3) Go to the left tab and click on Restore To Factory Settings. This will reset ALL INTERNET SETTINGS
    4) Plug your ethernet cable to your computer and access the IP address and all that stuff via the control panel. Then when the box is up with the properties, remove the cable and put it back into the xbox.
    5) Go to Manually set up Internet
    6) Type in the info EXACTLY
    7) Try and log in

You can also try deleting your gamer profile, clearing the storage cache three times, rebooting the console, and then re-downloading your profile.

(I know this isn’t the kind of thing you usually post but I was out of my mind trying to fix my console and it’d be great if it helped someone else out)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Payton

nava wrote: »
    Did you try searching in google, 1 article I could find FIX for Xbox360 Error Code 80090304 has some steps
    Thanks we did Google it, but I'll forward this on to him to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Payton

Cheers it worked, he just reset internet settings back to factory settings and away it went. He had been changing dns settings for an online streaming service and reckoned it just locked up.
    Cheers again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Same here today.
    Apparently there's a major outage with one of the xbox one services for live accounts.
    http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-live-status
    Reports "Xbox Live Core Services Limited"

Xbox One
    Affected services:
    Signing into Xbox Live
    12/03/2014 00:04:06 GMT:
    We're receiving reports that some Xbox members are unable to sign in to Xbox Live. We are working very hard right now to get you back online. We appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue. We'll update you again in 30 minutes.

I was on to MS support and they confirm this and said engineers are working on fixing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bernard123

is xbox 360 effected aswell ???? having probelms today

• Advertisement
Advertisement