Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Nvidea 660Ti after driver update

Options
  • 10-03-2014 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Hi guys, really hoping someone on here can help me, Basically i installed nvidea's new driver today from geforce experience. and after the install it lasted about 30mins before all screens went black which i then had to hold the power button till the PC turned off.

I have tried the usual start in safe mode, try it in another slot and such and nothing will work!

The card doesn't show in dxdiag or device manager, doesn't even flash the screens on boot , how ever the fans are still spinning.

I have tried a system restore that was a week old and its still not working.

my system is:
    win 7 pro
    8gb ddr3
    I5 3570
    giga byte nvidea 660ti 2gb
    2 X 1 HDD's

Any help will be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Hi guys, really hoping someone on here can help me, Basically i installed nvidea's new driver today from geforce experience. and after the install it lasted about 30mins before all screens went black which i then had to hold the power button till the PC turned off.

I have tried the usual start in safe mode, try it in another slot and such and nothing will work!

The card doesn't show in dxdiag or device manager, doesn't even flash the screens on boot , how ever the fans are still spinning.

I have tried a system restore that was a week old and its still not working.

my system is:
    win 7 pro
    8gb ddr3
    I5 3570
    giga byte nvidea 660ti 2gb
    2 X 1 HDD's

Any help will be much appreciated.

Check all power cables from mobo 24 pin to PCI Express 6 pins. Make sure all are seated proper.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭IIIAcHmEdIII

Also i can run 2 of my screens off of my onboard graphics but it is usless to reinstall the drivers as i cant.........

when i try to install the driver it checks for compatable hardware and fails there so i cant even get passed the hardware check and it doesnt even know i have the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭IIIAcHmEdIII

Check all power cables from mobo 24 pin to PCI Express 6 pins. Make sure all are seated proper.

tried that when i tried moving the card into different pci slots and it made no difference, both the 6pin power cables are connected with their clips fully engaged.

It's not a modular PSU? Check both ends.

You're going to need a test pc to see if Gpu is gone.

While you cant do this Gpu test in another pc straight away or you'd have done so,

take out ram sticks one at a time and test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Maybe this will help but not sure it will as you seem to not even be able to boot up correctly

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057159777

Advertisement