Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning goods to Amazon from ROI

Options
  • 10-03-2014 11:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35

An item I bought from Amazon turned out faulty, and they sent me out a replacement immediately (their customer service is fantastic let it be said).

Unfortunately they didn't confirm the address and just sent it to the same one the original came to (fair enough I suppose), which was ParcelMotel up the North. Not too bothered about paying the small extra fee as it did mean it arrived very promptly however I presume the packing labels they have given me to print off in order to return the old product are not going to be valid freepost from the Republic, am I correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

LMellows wrote: »
    An item I bought from Amazon turned out faulty, and they sent me out a replacement immediately (their customer service is fantastic let it be said).

Unfortunately they didn't confirm the address and just sent it to the same one the original came to (fair enough I suppose), which was ParcelMotel up the North. Not too bothered about paying the small extra fee as it did mean it arrived very promptly however I presume the packing labels they have given me to print off in order to return the old product are not going to be valid freepost from the Republic, am I correct?

Some cases depending on the product they might not want the faulty item back, if they want it back I think they sent you a mail with information on how to send it back and the labels to print and attach to parcel.

If they sent you prepay UK labels you can contact them and ask them for labels to return for Ireland, other users in Boards done it before with no questions

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Parcel Motel can be used for returns...

http://www.parcelmotel.com/returns.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 LMellows

nava wrote: »
    Some cases depending on the product they might not want the faulty item back, if they want it back I think they sent you a mail with information on how to send it back and the labels to print and attach to parcel.

If they sent you prepay UK labels you can contact them and ask them for labels to return for Ireland, other users in Boards done it before with no questions
    Yeah they do want it back. I guess I'll get onto them about the labels, I just wanted to check and see are the labels they gave me invalid - since they technically returned it to a UK address.
    coylemj wrote: »
    Parcel Motel can be used for returns...

http://www.parcelmotel.com/returns.html
    Trying to charge me €4.50!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Get a label from them, pay the postage to send it back, and claim the postage back from them. Get a proof of posting from An Post first though!

I've done this before with a faulty disk and had no problems.

Would Amazon not just give me some new labels to post from Ireland instead? Seems less hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Would Amazon not just give me some new labels to post from Ireland instead? Seems less hassle.

No. Item was sent from and to the UK and has to be posted back to the same place.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

They most likely will, you'll just have to get in touch with them to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

I sent back an item last year that was faulty. The address on the label was a depot here in ireland.I guess they collect all faulty items from that depot for return to the uk.The bottom line is there was no expense on my part :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

If Amazon delivered to the UK and you used parcel motel from there then it makes sense that they only provide return label from there and only reissue goods to that address. Parcel Motel is used to avoid postage charges but can be a pain if goods are faulty and for return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Amazon will give you Irish labels if you ask. Ive done so many times when returning stuff sent to Parcel Motel.

• Advertisement

Got a reply:
    From your e-mail I understand that you would like to return your order # xxxxxxxxxx from Republic of Ireland and require a return label.

Please be assured this prepaid label will also be used to return from an International address and If you incur any charges while returning please write to us and we will refund you the postage charges

Suppose I'd better bring money with me just in case.

Advertisement