Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy's Weekend in Claremorris

Options
  • 11-03-2014 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Gang of friends heading up to Claremorris for Paddy's weekend. Looking for nightlife recommendations on where to go. Heard something on Iradio about The 4 Of Us playing somewhere ?? Any nice places to eat etc
    We're in our late 20's & there's guys & girls in our group. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

You could have a look at this recent thread...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057135067

• Registered Users Posts: 8 galwaystevie

Yes I did look at that thread but (a) it's now out of date & not telling me what's on this (Paddy's) weekend (b) the suggestions in it are sending people elsewhere, Castlebar, Westport, Knock, Newport, Achill - this does not bode well for Claremorris tourism ! (c) We are in our late 20's & "Looking for nightlife recommendations on where to go" so have no interest in , playing golf, flying out of the country, going swimming, riding a horse, visiting a museum, visiting the basilica, walking the park or riding the greenway ! :D

Thanks for the reply though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Only one niteclub open at the minute, Maxwells in the Square. You will find it on facebook. Other option is the McWilliam if you are into country music. I couldn't believe how many young people (as in early 20's) are going there now.

For dinner: The Arch Bar, McWilliam Maxwells and there are also about 3 chinese restaurants. Loads of coffee shops/cafes for daytime nibbles. For chips on the way home Blue Thunder gets my vote.

Thanks Mayo Miss. Ca'nt find that place on facebook, not into country music so if you could send me a link, that would be super ! Is it any good ? Not another one of these small town **** holes playing crappy,out of date music, selling rotten beer where the locals would "bate" the head of any "outsiders" !
    What are the best pubs for our age to go to ? Is there any late bars around ?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Thanks Mayo Miss. Ca'nt find that place on facebook, not into country music so if you could send me a link, that would be super ! Is it any good ? Not another one of these small town **** hole playing crappy,out of date music, selling rotten beer where the locals would "bate" the head of any "outsiders" !
    What are the best pubs for our age to go to ? Is there any late bars around ?

Can I ask how you decided on Claremorris without any research? Google is your friend. From what you write you might be better off staying at home. Claremorris is a nice little town, i think you'll find a good attitude and not a narrow minded one will help make your weekend better.

• Advertisement

Mayo Miss wrote: »
    Can I ask how you decided on Claremorris without any research? Google is your friend. From what you write you might be better off staying at home. Claremorris is a nice little town, i think you'll find a good attitude and not a narrow minded one will help make your weekend better.

Hey ! where's that coming from ? :confused: I don't have a narrow minded attitude, I'm up for anything & we love trying out different towns for nights out but we have often come across what I mentioned in my post & was just asking !
    We're heading to Claremorris because we haven't been before & rather then using google, boardies can often point us in the right direction of (as at the moment I still haven't a clue off) the right pubs & clubs to go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

galwaystevie - Claremorris is a small town but there should be a good crowd around this weekend.

Sat - As mentioned Maxwells is your best bet for nightclub options and its a diverse mix of young and old with latest music.

The France v Ireland Rugby game is on sat evening - Try Hanleys bar across from Supermacs on Dalton street for the game.

Other pubs to try after the game: Wardes bar (check them on Facebook) beside the Dalton Inn Hotel - have live music sat night and from 4pm Sunday as the Parade is on in Claremorris on Sunday this year.

PJ Byrnes on Main Street is worth a look (a bar behind a shop) and everyone very friendly. Claremorris is not known as a rough or fighting town.

O briens bar at the corner beside railway bridge is big Man Utd pub so there will be a big crowd in there watching the Utd v Liverpool game at 1:30pm on Sunday.

Any other questions just let me know.

yew_tree wrote: »
    galwaystevie - Claremorris is a small town but there should be a good crowd around this weekend.

Sat - As mentioned Maxwells is your best bet for nightclub options and its a diverse mix of young and old with latest music.

The France v Ireland Rugby game is on sat evening - Try Hanleys bar across from Supermacs on Dalton street for the game.

Other pubs to try after the game: Wardes bar (check them on Facebook) beside the Dalton Inn Hotel - have live music sat night and from 4pm Sunday as the Parade is on in Claremorris on Sunday this year.

PJ Byrnes on Main Street is worth a look (a bar behind a shop) and everyone very friendly. Claremorris is not known as a rough or fighting town.

O briens bar at the corner beside railway bridge is big Man Utd pub so there will be a big crowd in there watching the Utd v Liverpool game at 1:30pm on Sunday.

Any other questions just let me know.

Thanks so much Yew_Tree, we took most of your recommendations on board & had a great weekend in Claremorris - what a great town you have there ! We found the locals very friendly & welcoming & we were spoilt for choice for good pubs & great places to eat. We ended up in Rumours Nightclub on Sat & Sun & it completely exceeded our expectations for a small town venue & everyone in our group enjoyed it. The Mc William hotel is a top class place to stay also. We'll definitely be back !

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

No problem and Great to hear galwaystevie

Advertisement