Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can your UAN change?

Options
  • 11-03-2014 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm a former Eircom phone and broadband customer of several years and I moved to another provider three years ago. I now want to switch back to Eircom. An Eircom customer service rep. told me on the phone that I had to get my UAN from my current provider but my current provider doesn't print anything like a UAN on their statements and, predictably enough, they're reluctant to give it to me. I will get it from them eventually but in the meantime I found an old Eircom bill and have tried inputting the account number shown on that into the online order form on the Eircom website but it tells me that "The UAN provided does not match the land line number". What's the deal here? Does the UAN change when you switch providers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

gavc76 wrote: »
    I'm a former Eircom phone and broadband customer of several years and I moved to another provider three years ago. I now want to switch back to Eircom. An Eircom customer service rep. told me on the phone that I had to get my UAN from my current provider but my current provider doesn't print anything like a UAN on their statements and, predictably enough, they're reluctant to give it to me. I will get it from them eventually but in the meantime I found an old Eircom bill and have tried inputting the account number shown on that into the online order form on the Eircom website but it tells me that "The UAN provided does not match the land line number". What's the deal here? Does the UAN change when you switch providers?

Hi gavc76

The UAN does change when you switch providers and it would definitely be different to the old eircom account number. Hope they give it to you soon Gav

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gavc76

Thanks Alan. So if I do switch to Eircom will I be able to see my new UAN on my bill?

Thanks Alan. So if I do switch to Eircom will I be able to see my new UAN on my bill?

Yes, the UAN will be your new eircom account number unless you sign up to efibre. The UAN for eircom efibre customers is separate than the eircom account number but it's also printed on the bill.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gavc76

Great, thanks Alan.

Speaking of eFibre, any idea when/if it will be rolled out to the Bree and Adamstown areas of Wexford?

Great, thanks Alan.

Speaking of eFibre, any idea when/if it will be rolled out to the Bree and Adamstown areas of Wexford?

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi gavc76

To give you the best indication or advice can you PM me your landline number or address and I will look in to this in details for you?

Thanks
    Al[/font]

• Advertisement
Advertisement