Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What says you bryangiggsy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

do you know a person that has a better improvement delta from 400 m tt to 400m tt in wetsuit , given you are in the top 2% ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Ah i only do one session in Dublin a week. As i said earlier its the only session i do with a squad and i enjoy it plus its a good hard coached session which would be difficult to replicate on your own. So i dont agree the other 2 suffer.

I swam 61 in a wetsuit in Frankfurt before i started with Interested and Peter. Id be looking to swim a 57/58 next time out. Alex (miller82) swam under the hour in Austria i believe and the races we went head to head last year i was out of water first. I benefit greatly from a wetsuit.my 400 time was 6.16 ithout (5th or 6th in class)a few weeks ago and 5.31 with wetsuit on (2nd in class). My swim times in all my tris last year were up on the year previous so swimming has definitely improved!!!

Wow thats some change from wetsuit to non wetsuit. With TWO swimming coaches I would have thought at least one of them would have commented on what must be a terrible body position in the water. All engine and no hydrodynamics doesn't say alot for the early morning sessions.

peter kern wrote: »
    do you know a person that has a better improvement delta from 400 m tt to 400m tt in wetsuit , given you are in the top 2% ?

Actually I can think of two people that have a bigger improvement in 400m TT non wetsuit to 400m TT wetsuit.

mloc32 and jackyback - not a group a swimmer wants to be included in :)

Big changes in non wetsuit to wetsuit are a good indication that the person is a triathlete true and true and not a swimmer. Also that they could really do with some time with a swim teacher rather than a tri coach (or masters coach). The difference between a swim teacher and a swim coach was explained at length to me and it makes sense

Also worth noting that a true swimmer, a good swimmer is slower with a pull buoy than without one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

tunney wrote: »
    Also worth noting that a true swimmer, a good swimmer is slower with a pull buoy than without one.

That rules most of us out as good swimmers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

AKW wrote: »
    That rules most of us out as good swimmers.

Think most of us were ruled out way before that:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Oh dear what have i missed. Today i won 650 euros on the horses.,the story u will not believe. My mind is on a cloud of coors light. Full story to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Oh dear what have i missed. Today i won 650 euros on the horses.,the story u will not believe. My mind is on a cloud of coors light. Full story to follow.

Oh dear! You win on the horses and turn to Coors light!!

INTERVENTION !!!!:D

Ok oblig question..

Any tips?

AKW wrote: »
    Oh dear! You win on the horses and turn to Coors light!!

INTERVENTION !!!!:D

Ok oblig question..

Any tips?
    Apologies for the drunk post last night. Cheltenham the only festival i back horses outside of the grand national. I go out with my mates for gold cup day to our local. Was down about 100 going into yday. Got 90 back on tammys hill in the 4 o clock then backed a horse in the 515. U write the no of the horse on the docket. My horse came 4th. But unknown to me until payout i wrote the wrong no down. The no i wrote won at 33 to 1 (price at market) and i had ten on it. As u can imagine i went bananas. In addition to this to be confirmed i won the tipster comp running over 4 days in pub 225 euro. Luck on my side yday definitrly.

Dory howya!

How many bikes do you own? And what are their names?
    2 bikes no names
    Scott Addict R3
    Cervelo P2
    Love them both equally :)

Where do you keep your water/sports drink on your bike?
    On aero bars and frame if long race And if you favor grabbing your water bottle with one hand or the other, which hand do you favor? Left handed left footed :)

Can you blow snot rockets while cycling? i can with the best of them And if so, have you ever accidentally hit another cyclist with one? No but have hit myself several times including lough neagh in 2010 done the whole run run with snot on my facE!!!! someone pointed it out to me at finish line !!!

Pet peeves? All talk no action

Annoying habits? None that i am willing to admit

Blondes, brunettes or redheads? No preference on hair colour!!!

What kind of socks do you typically wear while at work? And while we're at it, what kind of shoes do you wear while at work? Black socks..black shoes..never white socks with shoes...and never black socks when wearing shorts outside of work....how to spot a J1 in boston in summer..hes the one usually wearing the black socks with sandles :)

Rate your dancing ability, and what is your trademark move on the dance floor? I move like jagger

Have you ever seen "A Serbian Film" or "Cannibal Holocaust" as some of our triathlon mates have (I'm looking at you cw and griffin and mloc123!), and if so, what did you think of them? No but am curious?

Why did you have to drop out of the Lent Challenge after only 2 days? Was having a bad week

• Advertisement

Favourite training session across the 3 disciplines?
    Prob wed morn squad swim and long bike on weekend

Do you do much core/rolling and general maintenance? No am poor at core however have recently started some run drills before and after each session...and i do a lot of dynamic stretching
    Which boardsie would you most like to beat in a sprint finish? Fazz..in a sprint finish on the swim!
    Favourite distance to race? Iron
    Favourite race? Kilkee or Frankfurt
    What sports do you have your kids doing? Swimming
    You and 2 others for a boards relay team. Who would you pick and what discipline would each person do? Me swim. BMC bike. U run
    Favourite book? As the crow flies Jeffrey archer
    How do you kick back and relax? love drama on tv....breaking bad,house of cards,the bridge,borgen,game of thrones,walking dead.
    Do you do any new or different sports in the off season? No retired from golf and soccer when i took up tri
    Dream holiday? Orlando Disneyland in a few yrs with the kids. have been there before but not with the kids

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

nice one
    but you are also busted since you claim not to be a betting man ;-)

Apologies for the drunk post last night. Cheltenham the only festival i back horses outside of the grand national. I go out with my mates for gold cup day to our local. Was down about 100 going into yday. Got 90 back on tammys hill in the 4 o clock then backed a horse in the 515. U write the no of the horse on the docket. My horse came 4th. But unknown to me until payout i wrote the wrong no down. The no i wrote won at 33 to 1 (price at market) and i had ten on it. As u can imagine i went bananas. In addition to this to be confirmed i won the tipster comp running over 4 days in pub 225 euro. Luck on my side yday definitrly.

Advertisement