Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dark corner....

• 11-03-2014 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

I have a very dark corner in a raised flower bed...its surrounded by two walls....any suggestions for what i could plant there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,675 ✭✭✭✭looksee

What kind of plant are you looking for - ground cover, tall? Euphorbia (wood spurge) is a nice bright green/yellow that will grow anywhere, but is inclined to take over. Most of the geraniums (cranesbill) are happy in shade (not pelargonums, cranesbill are mostly perennials and the common ones have blue/purple flowers). Between two walls is likely to be dry so you need to take that into account as well. Hellebores, Berginia, Japanese acer. Wild violets. Bluebells (don't plant the Spanish bluebells. I currently have 5 sacks of them (and montbretia) to dispose of!) Foxgloves. Think of things that grow in woodland and under hedges.

Advertisement