Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall - cheapest place to buy game

• 11-03-2014 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Sorry if a duplicate thread.

Any idea where the cheapest shop is to buy titanfall on X1?

I think the microsoft store is charging €69.99 which i think is a rip off.
    Gamestop appear to be €64.99

Anywhere cheaper, would like to have game for launch?

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Shred

I never understand why people buy anything in Gamestop (unless it's the only shop local to them I suppose), they're absolute robbing hoors :mad: Smyths have it for €59.99 for starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ciaran75

Great, thanks Shred

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

€52.99 in zavvi.com +€1.23 postage

same price in Amazon with free postage

edit: just saw you want it for launch , with Amazon its a bit of a gamble.
    I've had games arrive the day before launch and up to 4 days after launch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Took the gamble with Amazon myself, says expected arrival is Tuesday the 18th but I've got things before their expected date previously so heres hoping.

EDIT:

Cancelled my Amazon pre order, switched my locale to United States and got the game downloading now for €43.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Took the gamble with Amazon myself, says expected arrival is Tuesday the 18th but I've got things before their expected date previously so heres hoping.

EDIT:

Cancelled my Amazon pre order, switched my locale to United States and got the game downloading now for €43.

Can you do that and then just switch locale back to UK and its grand ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

gizabeer wrote: »
    Can you do that and then just switch locale back to UK and its grand ?

I myself don't know for certain, however I gather that is what Failsafe00 did over in the Titanfall thread without any problems.

£37 on amazon at the moment. Around €45 if you dont mind waiting a few days for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

ah no way, literally 5 quid short on my card.

£37 on amazon at the moment. Around €45 if you dont mind waiting a few days for it.
    oops , the prices i quoted where for the 360

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ciaran75

did it work buying from the MS US store if you change the region back to UK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

ciaran75 wrote: »
    did it work buying from the MS US store if you change the region back to UK?

Yup still works on uk and Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Emailed tesco this morning they are selling it at €64.99 (was hoping they might be selling it cheaper on release��)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Emailed tesco this morning they are selling it at €64.99 (was hoping they might be selling it cheaper on release��)
    €69.99 in Xbox One digital store. They're really not making an effort to be competitive on pricing online, eh? Or even to be fair on the exchange rate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Change console region to US and download Titanfall and Season Pass for a total of €61.50 for both all in.

Alot of boardies have already been playing since Tuesday this way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭biebiebie

I'm due to buy Titanfall in Smyths today.
    What's does the season pass bring? Is it worth getting? Should I buy it online instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

€58.99 in argos.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

biebiebie wrote: »
    I'm due to buy Titanfall in Smyths today.
    What's does the season pass bring? Is it worth getting? Should I buy it online instead?

3 map packs plus some unannounced extras

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

miju wrote: »
    Change console region to US and download Titanfall and Season Pass for a total of €61.50 for both all in.

Alot of boardies have already been playing since Tuesday this way :)
    Random question: Is the same configuration possible for using the Canadian store?

It looks like the game is $59.99 Canadian (approx. €38 - compared to €43 in US Dollars :)),
    or does Canada have VAT / Sales tax that gets added to the sale price (unlike certain US States)?

I'm having trouble buyng from the states :-(

I cannot setup a credit card when is set to the States, as it's looking for an American state from a drop down.

Then when I create my card/payment method when set to Ireland, when I switch back to the States my credit card disappears.

Any suggestions?

Change your region to the US first and then setup your card as per the following:
    miju wrote: »
    Just for anyone looking to buy on console if you put in the following you will not pay any tax and will be able to buy for total price of €43 give or take (so your saving a massive €22 this way too)

City: Amhurst
    State: New Hampshire
    Zip: 03031

Kudos on the above goes to FAILSAFE for figuring that out not me
    Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Yep cheers to the lads for this, to go a bit further, you need an address and phone number, so just google Amherst apartments and take the address and phone listed.

eg. The Boulders look like a nice place to live:
    http://imgur.com/aoEcMHE

Boom, sorted and downloading now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

You can get a digital code for €47.99 on gamepointsnow.com

Switching to US still the cheapest method, and it's really easy.

€69.99 in Xbox One digital store. They're really not making an effort to be competitive on pricing online, eh? Or even to be fair on the exchange rate.

I've wondered if the reasons for this is to ensure they don't undercut their "retail partners", be they bricks and mortar or online. However if they are serious about coercing their user base over to digital copies this is certainly going to have to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

No risk in doing the USA method?

Lamposts wrote: »
    No risk in doing the USA method?
    +1
    It works. But what are the risks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

biebiebie wrote: »
    +1
    It works. But what are the risks?

From xbox region change support

"Content you’ve already bought

Before you move your account, make sure that you’ve downloaded any avatar items, games, game add-ons and video content that you’ve bought.
    No digital content is guaranteed to work after the migration, and there are no refunds if items stop working because you change your account region."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

D_BEAR wrote: »
    From xbox region change support

"Content you’ve already bought

Before you move your account, make sure that you’ve downloaded any avatar items, games, game add-ons and video content that you’ve bought.
    No digital content is guaranteed to work after the migration, and there are no refunds if items stop working because you change your account region."

Either way you can choose EU servers afterwards on Titanfall while playing the US version...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Shred wrote: »
    Change your region to the US first and then setup your card as per the following:

Just gave it a go and worked just fine. Got the game and season pass for about same MS are charging us just for the game.(maybe a little less).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

maximoose wrote: »
    You can get a digital code for €47.99 on gamepointsnow.com

I got it here yesterday for €46.99. Works fine. Just have to wait a while to download 16GB though

Aimman wrote: »
    I got it here yesterday for €46.99. Works fine. Just have to wait a while to download 16GB though

i'm in the process of downloading it on the pc - 49.99GB :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

donegal. wrote: »
    i'm in the process of downloading it on the pc - 49.99GB :eek:

Ouch, that's massive!

Advertisement