Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny Photograpic Society-Should i join?? Thoughts??

Options
  • 11-03-2014 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

Im new to the photographic world here in Sydney,only have my 700D a couple of months but starting to understand it more and more..

Il be returning to Ireland in June and was kinda thinking of trying to do a yr long course, but most of them are in Dublin ...with me living in Laois and working in Kilkenny so it would be alot of travel..

Im wondering would i be as wel off joining something like this www.kilkennyphoto.net/?page_id=799 and learning from the people in the group in my own timeframe and maybe get more out of it!!

Is anyone here part of the Kilkenny or any camera club or Society.
    Would love to hear what you think or if you would recommend joining one...and what exactly goes on week to week..love to hear as much info as possible..

Thanks a million

Tommy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Hey Tommy,

I guess everybody is different but I find that I learn best myself when I am passionate about something. I have looked at a few courses on lynda.com and just searched the internet for "how to..." queries. Join a local photography club and go on the boards walks. Oldgoat thought me a couple of things on our walk about Dublin city. The members here in the forum have so much experience and are very helpful. Pop up some pictures for criticism, ask how certain shots have been taken etc etc.

I couldn't sit in a class and listen to somebody teach me photography. Oh, make lots of mistakes, do it on purpose and learn from them.

I have the 700d myself only a few months and I love it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Hollyfielder01

Hey Tommy,

I guess everybody is different but I find that I learn best myself when I am passionate about something. I have looked at a few courses on lynda.com and just searched the internet for "how to..." queries. Join a local photography club and go on the boards walks. Oldgoat thought me a couple of things on our walk about Dublin city. The members here in the forum have so much experience and are very helpful. Pop up some pictures for criticism, ask how certain shots have been taken etc etc.

I couldn't sit in a class and listen to somebody teach me photography. Oh, make lots of mistakes, do it on purpose and learn from them.

I have the 700d myself only a few months and I love it :)

Thanks for that advice pal...i think your right about sitting in a classroom...alot more can be learned out on shoots with people who are at it years!!

Advertisement