Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silly Question - Online Ads

• 11-03-2014 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Hi guys, I was just reading the forum charter and it says that we can't link to online ads websites and that animals should not be advertised in this way. I am not disputing the charter at all.

My question is that what is wrong with online ads? Surely there are responsible breeders there when you are careful.

It doesn't apply to me as my dog is a rescue and before buying her, I went to IKC shows to see if I wanted a specific breed before deciding on a rescue dog.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

thehouses wrote: »
    Hi guys, I was just reading the forum charter and it says that we can't link to online ads websites and that animals should not be advertised in this way. I am not disputing the charter at all.

My question is that what is wrong with online ads? Surely there are responsible breeders there when you are careful.

It doesn't apply to me as my dog is a rescue and before buying her, I went to IKC shows to see if I wanted a specific breed before deciding on a rescue dog.
    If this was true then puppy farms would not exist today... The sad fact is the great majority of people would not have any clue of the difference between a puppy farmer add and a top of the line breeder. Of course top of the line breeders in general don't need to advertise as they'll have waiting lists for their pups in the first place....

Advertisement