Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NGA cab in place before Christmas, when will it go live?

Options
  • 11-03-2014 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

I've been hoping to get NGA for a while now. I've managed to find out that when it goes live my phone line should be connected to the DNU1_046 cab in Newbridge.

The new NGA cabinet was installed some time before Christmas, and the last I heard it was due to go live In February. We're now in Mid March so I was wondering is there any way of finding out when I might expect to see this cab go live?

Looking at the NGA map on the Eircom Wholesale website it just says "Fibre Build commenced - completion work is in progress".

Any advice at all would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

pug_ wrote: »
    I've been hoping to get NGA for a while now. I've managed to find out that when it goes live my phone line should be connected to the DNU1_046 cab in Newbridge.

The new NGA cabinet was installed some time before Christmas, and the last I heard it was due to go live In February. We're now in Mid March so I was wondering is there any way of finding out when I might expect to see this cab go live?

Looking at the NGA map on the Eircom Wholesale website it just says "Fibre Build commenced - completion work is in progress".

Any advice at all would be much appreciated.

Hi pug_

I can confirm that this on the list of plans to be completed within the next four months however there is no more specific timeframe which can be offered as to when efibre wille ready to go live to lines served by this cabinet.

I recommend getting back to me in the end of April and I'll look in to this again for you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭pug_

Thanks for getting back to me, I'll get back to you at the end of April so if nothing happens between now and then.

Thanks for getting back to me, I'll get back to you at the end of April so if nothing happens between now and then.
    No worries pug_

Al

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Is this cabinet live yet. 

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭pug_

Yes I got NGA instaled just last week. 100M :)

• Advertisement

Yes I got NGA instaled just last week. 100M :)
    Hi pug_

Glad to hear it,

Thanks

Al

Advertisement