Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair shop issues

Options
  • 11-03-2014 4:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Can I ask a question please as a consumer. I am NOT seeking legal advice here, but what I can do as a consumer.

I wont name the shop or location just yet, as id rather not delay my repair any further if they see this.

Basically over 4 weeks ago a phone was brought in to a dedicated phone repair shop. The screen was cracked at the time. So all they had to do was replace the screen. The shop in question is a dedicated phone repair shop for this make of phone. I was told this would take no more than an hour.

When the repair shop started replacing the screen, the guy cut a wire that connected the screen by mistake. I was told that he will now have to order a part from China and this will take 10 working days. No replacement phone was offered while I waited those 10 days, I asked could they unlock a phone I had ( a spare one I had since they couldn’t provide one), they said they could be wanted 45 euro to do it.

Anyway, after much arguing, they unlocked my spare phone at no cost. Its now 4 weeks later and no phone. The part hasn’t arrived yet. I keep getting told a few more days. Their attitude is a disgrace. Its like im hassling them when I ask for my phone. Keep getting told that I must report it to the manager if im unhappy but its not like they can speed up the post. Not once have they even apologised for this. They keep saying that mistakes happen, basically get over it and be more patient. This is a top tier phone, readily available, not some rare phone where a part needs to be sourced from some dodge back end dealer or anything, there shouldn’t be a problem.

I am now at the stage that I cant keep asking about the phone as I keep getting pushed aside saying that they will have it when they have it. And still no apology. Newest date for the part is this Friday. Which I doubt will happen at this stage. That will be 5 weeks without the phone. Is there anything I can do? Shouldn’t their insurance cover the phone at this stage so they can replace it. All I wanted was a new screen, now im using a crappy spare phone and certainly cant spend another 600 quid on a phone to replace the one they broke.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 237 ✭✭andre2010

well just to be clear. They didnt volunteer the information about them cutting the wire. I was there when they did it, i seen him do it, and his reaction to doing it. there was no choice but to tell me what he had done.

So you dont think there is anything i can do but wait it out? surely there has to be something, otherwise all shops would treat customers like this, and when its entirely their fault, they surely have to do something at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 237 ✭✭andre2010

thanks guys for the info. Im not looking for a freebie, i just want my phone and i know that this friday it wont happen again. ah well, just wont use them or recommend them in future.

Advertisement