Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

temperatire light Ducato

Options
  • 11-03-2014 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

My 2.5 Ducato temperature warning light came on today. I stopped immediately and the water level was above minimum.I topped it up but no change. There was no undue pressure in the system when I opened the expansion tank cap.

The temperature needle hasnt moved above 1/4 way where it normally is and the engine doesn't seem hot. Both in and out pipes from the rad are warm and the rad feels universal temp all over.

this makes me think of a temp sensor? Anyone know where it is located?

Anyone else ever have this?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

ok I think I can answer this one myself. I've left the van cool down and the light still on when cold. I've found the temp sensor and when I plug it out the light goes out. A meter on the sensor shows it is closed. a pin across the connecter turns on the light. SO closed circuit is light on..

New sensor required I guess..

Advertisement