Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mahon Point - Northern Irish style (Belfast Accented) security announcements?

Options
  • 11-03-2014 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering is it just me or does anyone else find it odd that Mahon Point is running announcements in a Belfast accent asking shoppers not to leave bags unattended and to immediatelyreport unattended bags to security.

Sounds like they're just using a Northern Ireland system for announcements.

Is it owned by a NI company or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

The Northern Irish accent has a certain association with bombs and what not.

So when an unattended bag is mentioned by someone with that accent it is probably a lot more effective than a Cork accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

All of their announcements are in a strong Northern accent. Seems like a prerecorded loop of messages.

It just seems odd they've security messages that I've really never heard in a shopping centre in the Republic before.

There is hardly a risk of terrorism in suburban Cork!

Advertisement