Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester Utd vs Liverpool; March 16th; 13:30pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

It has been said, that every time Liverpool scored against United today, 5000 Asian fans went to find a new club to support..

I read it, so it must be true...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

No complaints at all. The best team by a clear distance won

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Ah for ffs. Are you really trying to imply that people enjoying seeing a real collapse are out of order?

Yeah of course. There's nothing wrong with slagging United off after beating us but the reveling in another clubs misfortunes is simply vulgar and the act of small minded people.

Glazers Out!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Charlie19 wrote: »
    That sturridge chap is some diver.

Tell young we said hello

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Not a bad aul striker either!

Greedy so and so.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

ig7yr.jpg

eat it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

It was the best performance from Manchester United I've seen all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

To be honest lads I'm disappointed with that score line, should have been more if Suarez, sterling, Henderson, sterling, Sturridge and Allen had played well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Well... That was painful to watch. How far we've fallen. God I hate Moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Keep the sheets clean for Linda

She's happy now.
    Linda Pizzuti ‏@Linda_Pizzuti 13s LFC takes a decisive 3 points from ManU with 3 goals and a clean sheet at Old Trafford. LFC dominated this physical match.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Gerrard - "Disappointed we didn't get more goals".

I love it . :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

nullzero wrote: »
    Yeah of course. There's nothing wrong with slagging United off after beating us but the reveling in another clubs misfortunes is simply vulgar and the act of small minded people.

Not really no, most football fans do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

They are on a bad run. No one died. It's not as if they are going out of buisness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    To be honest lads I'm disappointed with that score line, should have been more if Suarez, sterling, Henderson, sterling, Sturridge and Allen had played well.

Team have a long way though, lost to a second string United team in the cup a few months ago, and embarrassed their best team here today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I think your in a minority with that opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Could have been more, should have been more.

Great performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Nah, it's fairly funny. I've seen it happen with Newcastle. From title contenders to... well, shít.
    You're just one of us now is all. Welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

That was awful from United. It's been awful for a long time. What odds Moyes being sacked tonight and Fergie reinstated for Wednesday Night? Outlandish? Probably but what has been happening there should be unacceptable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Brendan Rodgers has to be the manager of the season to the way he has transformed this Liverpool side

°°°°°

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I think your in a minority with that opinion

The truth is the truth even if you're in a minority of one. Reveling in the misfortunes of others is just sad.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

That_Guy wrote: »
    Nah, it's fairly funny. I've seen it happen with Newcastle. From title contenders to... well, shít.
    You're just one of us now is all. Welcome.

Welcome? We've been here all season, that's not what I'm talking about

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,568 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The truth is the truth even if you're in a minority of one. Reveling in the misfortunes of others is just sad.
    Nah it is class. Stop whinging.

It's ok, it's ok. *pats head*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

nah screw united :D

°°°°°

CSF wrote: »
    Nah it is class. Stop whinging.

Nah it is a lack of class, stop being so childish

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

To think I was worried earlier, that was a stroll in the park. I'm a little disgusted they didnt make it 5 or 6 and really bury them in their own back yard. Sturridge was fantastic, as was Skertel. Much tougher tests ahead but a great win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

All season? As if thats along time. Welcome to football mate.

°°°°°

Paulegend wrote: »
    nah screw united :D

You gotta love those classy Liverpool fans, paragons of virtue to the end.

Glazers Out!

ush wrote: »

You'll know you've hit rock bottom when the obligatory Darren Bent transfer rumours come a knockin'.

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

ush wrote: »

Yeah all season, we won the league last year so that's about as long as would be possible in those circumstances

Glazers Out!

Nah it is a lack of class, stop being so childish
    I'd wager that more people would find your antics here more childish than mine.

Remember this? Typical hypocrisy.
    It's great breaking City's hearts in the last minute, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Rooney's in the form of his life, Carlos who?

That_Guy wrote: »
    You'll know you've hit rock bottom when the obligatory Darren Bent transfer rumours come a knockin'.

Bent Manchester sign?

Oh my god, this is too beautiful. I love you for finding this.

°°°°°

Nothing wrong with reveling on victory, reveling in a club falling apart is a different story

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Delighted with the win.

Disappointed it wasn't more to be honest, didn't get out of second gear which is a shame cause we could have scored an absolute mountain of goals if we played a bit better offensively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

brilliant performance by liverpool. shoulda have been more!

im ashamed of sturridge for his dive though. disgracefull!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I would agree with your statement in a different context, but not this.

If United as a club were dying for financial reasons or something, I'd be sympathetic. But with the unprecedented level of success United have had over the last few years, like most, I'm loving this collapse, more so because II know its only temporary

United aren't in crisis, they're just going through what fans of every other club have been through regularly over the last twenty years.

The lows are part and parcel of being a football fan, and make the highs even better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Glad we kept a clean sheet, sometimes these mid table teams manage to squeeze a goal!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Nothing wrong with reveling on victory, reveling in a club falling apart is a different story

From a United fan, stop digging mate. Leave them have this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Delighted with the win.

Disappointed it wasn't more to be honest, didn't get out of second gear which is a shame cause we could have scored an absolute mountain of goals if we played a bit better offensively.

it's crazy that this is true.

wonderful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

You gotta love those classy Liverpool fans, paragons of virtue to the end.

Team A thumps Team B: Team A fans slag off Team B to no end. Team B fans try to maintain moral high ground and call Team A fans vulgar.
    Team B thumps Team A: Team B fans slag off Team A to no end. Team A fans try to maintain moral high ground and call Team B fans vulgar.

... and so it goes, for all eternity. Gotta learn to take as good as you give. It's mostly just harmless banter at the end of the day while the victors enjoy bragging rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

this is all

Daniel-Bryan-Yes-Cheer.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Clattenberg is a shocking referee, he awarded three penalties to the away team at OT. Total travesty, it should of been four.

United are by no means falling apart. They're having a bad season, but they won't be in the doldrums for long. They have too much money and too big a fanbase for that to happen.

I'd never revel in a club going out of business or actually falling apart.

°°°°°

Bacchus wrote: »
    Team A thumps Team B: Team A fans slag off Team B to no end. Team B fans try to maintain moral high ground and call Team A fans vulgar.
    Team B thumps Team A: Team B fans slag off Team A to no end. Team A fans try to maintain moral high ground and call Team B fans vulgar.

... and so it goes, for all eternity. Gotta learn to take as good as you give. It's mostly just harmless banter at the end of the day while the victors enjoy bragging rights.

Bragging rights I have no problem with. Liverpool fans making more of uniteds falling apart then the fact they just beat united is what I don't get

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I suppose there isn't a hell of a lot else to moan about for nullzero.

Tbh that was Liverpool in second gear, could have had 5/6 if we'd clicked like against Arsenal, Spurs or Everton.

If City take them a part Moyes can't possibly stay, there's no more when [insert whoever] comes back excuses any more.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Bragging rights I have no problem with. Liverpool fans making more of uniteds falling apart then the fact they just beat united is what I don't get

A lot of us aren't Liverpool fans.

United are by no means falling apart. They're having a bad season, but they won't be in the doldrums for long. They have too much money and too big a fanbase for that to happen.

You know what...I'm not so sure about their owners. You can have all the fanbase in the world, but if you don't know what you're doing....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Clattenberg is a shocking referee, he awarded three penalties to the away team at OT. Total travesty, it should of been four.

Sturridge's dive forgotten about already?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement