Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester Utd vs Liverpool; March 16th; 13:30pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Clattenberg is a shocking referee, he awarded three penalties to the away team at OT. Total travesty, it should of been four.

You honestly think that Sturridge's dive that got Vidic sent off was a penalty?

Imagine if Ashley Young did the same thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

A lot of us aren't Liverpool fans.

Really Noelly G? You don't say

Glazers Out!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

nullzero wrote: »
    Really Noelly G? You don't say

I'm not a City fan either. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Imagine? Its not very hard to recall.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Take it easy. *pats on head*

is hypocrisy like a theme of yours or something?

sturridge dived btw, wasnt a peno or a red. the foul later that wasnt given was though. complete lack of discipline in defending the box today but as Tim Howard said, liverpool kept asking the questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bragging rights I have no problem with. Liverpool fans making more of uniteds falling apart then the fact they just beat united is what I don't get

How?

The powerhouse of English football stuttering and faltering is brilliant stuff for the neutral. For years, we've had to put up with thrashings, Man United winning everything, fans gloating and with good reason too.

You're just realising what the rest of us have had to go through/have always gone through and you can't accept it.

The fact that you're getting riled up makes this a lot funnier tbh.

°°°°°

I'm not a City fan either. :D

But you're an oasis fan though

Glazers Out!

°°°°°

BMMachine wrote: »
    is hypocrisy like a theme of yours or something?

No. Is missing obvious points one of yours?

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Take it easy. *pats on head*

Calm down there Jodie Foster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This game was a product of the particular era we're in. Liverpool fans are going to rub it in like wax on a new car, so if you can't take it (and I admit I wouldn't if it was the other way round, which is has been so many times) steer clear of the banter, it'll probably get worse. What goes around comes around the swings and roundabouts etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I bet you got a great rearing

Nah, but his team did.

ooh-matron.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've deleted a few posts. What a mess.

Nullzero, if you ever threaten any form of violence against any fellow poster ever again, I'll have you out of the forum permanently. There's no need for it. I advise you move on or leave the thread.

Moving on goes for everybody by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

All football fans are as bad as each other. If you're not up for bit of banter then you shouldn't be on this forum. Simple as that. Personally, I don't get involved in the slagging. I used to until I'd heard each argument too many times (I knew the reply before I delivered the insult). But it is what it is. Get involved, keep quite, or stay away. Take your pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

That_Guy wrote: »
    Nah, but his team did.

ooh-matron.gif

Genius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Stonewall.

Ashley Young is a cheat.

• Advertisement

No. Is missing obvious points one of yours?

but you have been shown to be quite hypocritical all the way through the thread.

you lost 3-0 today, beaten thoroughly, your club is in a bit of bother and 90% of football fans find it hilarious. suck it up.

actually dont. keep posting. you are totally secretly winning :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Liam O wrote: »
    Sturridge's dive forgotten about already?

Should've been four. The incidents were as follows;

1) Fellaini clipping Suarez's heals (not given)
    2) Hand ball (given but should have been second yellow)
    3) Barge in the back from Jones (given)
    4) Vidic on Sturridge (given, shouldn't have been)
    5) Carrick pulling the legs from under Sturridge (not given)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Well done Agent Moyes.

The plan is coming together nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Well that was tough to watch.

United were awful yet again, Rooneys chance was the only one we got all day.

Didn't think Liverpool were particularly outstanding but they were far superior to United.
    Felt the second penalty was a bit soft to be honest, the third one was laughable. Sturridge should be ashamed of himself for that dive.
    Suarez did well to stay on his feet for the first penalty claim, if he went down I think it would have been awarded which shows the hypocrisy of referees giving out about players going down too easy.

Congratulations to all Liverpool fans here, but be warned we won't stay this sh1t for long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I've deleted a few posts. What a mess.

Nullzero, if you ever threaten any form of violence against any fellow poster ever again, I'll have you out of the forum permanently. There's no need for it. I advise you move on or leave the thread.

Moving on goes for everybody by the way.

Thank you for stepping in Mars bar some of what's been said here is disgusting...

On topic Liverpool deserved the win...

Motes simply has to go now

• Advertisement

Bragging rights I have no problem with. Liverpool fans making more of uniteds falling apart then the fact they just beat united is what I don't get

But United are falling apart. Spectacularly so. Rival fans will, and are, drawing attention to it. I'm a Man U fan, so I'm not enjoying it anymore than you. But it's major news. The club is having its worst season in over two decades. The last time this happened I was saving up for pubic hairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Nothing wrong with reveling on victory, reveling in a club falling apart is a different story

You are having a dissapointing season where you are going to finish in the upper half of the table but not in the champions league positions - its happened to such mega powers as Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich in the last 15 years.
    You aren't falling apart. You really need to think of what 'falling apart' means in football club terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Felexicon wrote: »

Didn't think Liverpool were particularly outstanding but they were far superior to United.
    Felt the second penalty was a bit soft to be honest, the third one was laughable. Sturridge should be ashamed of himself for that dive.
    Suarez did well to stay on his feet for the first penalty claim, if he went down I think it would have been awarded which shows the hypocrisy of referees giving out about players going down too easy.

Congratulations to all Liverpool fans here, but be warned we won't stay this sh1t for long

Very good, balanced post, I agree with the second penalty, but I'd also say as a defender you shouldn't put yourself in a position where you have to lunge in on a player in the box, shows how weak Uniteds back line is this season, they can't stay tight enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

You are having a dissapointing season where you are going to finish in the upper half of the table but not in the champions league positions - its happened to such mega powers as Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich in the last 15 years.
    You aren't falling apart. You really need to think of what 'falling apart' means in football club terms.
    Excellent post. If ManYoo fans think this is ''falling apart'', they should try dropping down to the ''real'' third division and not having a pot to p1ss in. THAT is ''falling apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Surely falling apart is what almost happened to city or Liverpool or what didhapp en to Leeds and Portsmouth. It's hardly losing a few games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Sometimes as a football fan you just have to take your punishment ,And today is one of those days ,There is nothing as a Utd Fan I can take from that game or performance today ,we were given lessons all over the park .

Well done Liverpool ,Enjoy yer day . Fully deserved victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Ok then, Pool supporter here.

United. Good players, not playing for their manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Should've been four. The incidents were as follows;

1) Fellaini clipping Suarez's heals (not given)
    2) Hand ball (given but should have been second yellow)
    3) Barge in the back from Jones (given)
    4) Vidic on Sturridge (given, shouldn't have been)
    5) Carrick pulling the legs from under Sturridge (not given)

This kind of stuff annoys me, if the first one is given the whole motion of the game changes and the following 4 incidents are very highly unlikely to happen.

I'm a Liverpool fan so it's not sour grapes why I'm pulling you up on this, it's just a pet hate of mine. If the first peno is given nobody has any clue what the final outcome/score would be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

blueser wrote: »
    Excellent post. If ManYoo fans think this is ''falling apart'', they should try dropping down to the ''real'' third division and not having a pot to p1ss in. THAT is ''falling apart.

Talking about this the other day, I don't think there's a set of fans who could have enjoyed a title win more then City, given the lows they've had over the years, amplified by those years coinciding with United's best

blueser wrote: »

Yeah, a sense of perspective is what's needed here.

United won their first Premier League title a few weeks after I went to my first game. So I've been spoiled bloody rotten over the years. Watching them morph into a mid-table is devastating, but it's hardly the end of the road. I hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Liverpool won!!! (Just in from the pub)

After the rugby yesterday this might now be officially the best sporting weekend in years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

kfallon wrote: »
    This kind of stuff annoys me, if the first one is given the whole motion of the game changes and the following 4 incidents are very highly unlikely to happen.

I'm a Liverpool fan so it's not sour grapes why I'm pulling you up on this, it's just a pet hate of mine. If the first peno is given nobody has any clue what the final outcome/score would be

It seems like you've watched "The Butterfly Effect" a few too many times & you're confusing yourself. Overthinking it.

1 pass that hits a ref, 1 throw/corner given the wrong way changes everything that follows after, are you saying we don't have the right to pass comment on a refs performance during a game at any point after a wrong call is made?

I'm simply calling Clattenburgs performance today as it was.

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Talking about this the other day, I don't think there's a set of fans who could have enjoyed a title win more then City, given the lows they've had over the years, amplified by those years coinciding with United's best

Absolutely. I got loads of stick when I first said this to my friends, but I grudgingly applauded them when they done it. It was fairytale stuff. If you can't stand back and say "well done" on days like that then you're not the football fan that you think you are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

United were just rubbish, terrible performance. Take 250 million and buy a new squad Moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Augmerson wrote: »
    United were just rubbish, terrible performance. Take 250 million and buy a new squad Moyes.

9 more Fellaini's :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

kfallon wrote: »

But we can't comment on hypotheticals!, no fun in that. People comment on actual real events that happened!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

That "squad" are still the champions, Maybe the problem is not the team???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Best sporting weekend in so many years.
    Liverpool by far the best side all season and again today.
    I fully expected us to beat the mancs but we could have done so by more.
    Stone faced ferguson was pure comedy gold.

Tickets confirmed to the Chelsea game,God knows what we will be playing for by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

ardinn wrote: »

it is, they aren't playing like they did last year, if it is lack of respect for Moyes, or lack of belief i don't know, but they players aren't even trying,

if i were moyes i'd be shipping out anyone who puts no effort in and buying in those who want to play.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

ardinn wrote: »

Some of that team have completely checked out. They look like they are just happy to be paid every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

The way things are going in this thread, the internet will explode shortly. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Some of that team have completely checked out. They look like they are just happy to be paid every week.

Yep, I'd say they are eight players off challenging for the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Bannerman7

Felexicon wrote: »

As a United fan all my life I have seen lots of up's and downs. In general the result is more important than the performance.
    Todays performance was one of the worst I have seen and in one way it may turn out to be a positive.
    Yeah that's right because if anyone out there still thinks Moyes is the right man to take us forward then I think they are deluded.
    Well before the final whistle 1,000's were leaving so I'm sure they had seen enough too.
    Moyes is never going to be the one to take us forward, his past record as a manager proves that.
    After Wed we will be out of the Champions League with nothing to play for except pride.
    I like a lot of United fans hope the Glazers have seen enough now to know the present management are not good enough and would not risk giving Moyes & co millions in the summer to try and turn things around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm really looking forward to reading through this thread. :D

Superb from Liverpool today. Forget how bad Utd are, for Liverpool to go to Old Trafford and batter them the way we did today was a joy to watch.

Lovely gesture from Vidic to get sent off in his last appearance in this fixture and thus going out doing what he does best, being red carded against Liverpool. I'm sure Utd fans will moan about that penalty, but when you dive in like that and don't win the ball, then tough.

Roll on Cardiff away now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭Felexicon

monkey9 wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to reading through this thread. :D

Superb from Liverpool today. Forget how bad Utd are, for Liverpool to go to Old Trafford and batter them the way we did today was a joy to watch.

Lovely gesture from Vidic to get sent off in his last appearance in this fixture and thus going out doing what he does best, being red carded against Liverpool. I'm sure Utd fans will moan about that penalty, but when you dive in like that and don't win the ball, then tough.

Roll on Cardiff away now.

So what you're saying is that every time a defender commits to a challenge and doesn't get the ball it's a penalty. Regardless of contact or anything else?

Good lad

• Advertisement

anyone got any links to the interviews with the managers after the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Men against boys here ... Other than Rooney and probably Raphael who did his best to be sent off, they were extremely poor. Liverpool dominated from minute 9 to 90! RVP epitomizes everything that is wrong with United out there, uninterested and pedestrian. It really was a shambles from United. Ferguson was correct in my opinion, he knew RVP and Rooney were not compatible, then added 35million on Mata to play him wide left instead of no.10 ... terrible tactics. Bench RVP and i guarantee you United would be far better shaped for starters! They just looked disjointed and out of ideas.

Overall United have fallen and need this season to end ASAP, some have already left for summer. It just shows how professional players can throw in the towel on occasions. Terrible to watch.

Of course from Liverpools perspective, it was excellent, we realised they were vulnerable and went for the juggular. Brilliant, men against boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Bench RVP and i guarantee you United would be far better shaped for starters!

December - "Things will get better when Van Persie comes back from injury!"

March - "Things will get better when Van Persie gets dropped!"

:pac:

This season just becomes more of a parody with every passing game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

gosplan wrote: »
    Can people relax with the 'cometh the hour', 'ice in his veins', 'balls of steel' rubbish whenever Gerrard scores a peno.

I'm a fan of the guy but Christ, it's a spot kick from 12 yards he's expected to score.

Balls of ice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

December - "Things will get better when Van Persie comes back from injury!"

March - "Things will get better when Van Persie gets dropped!"

:pac:

This season just becomes more of a parody with every passing game.

Bare in mind i am Liverpool ;) ... but the guy is clearly not fitting in with the system and is struggling. Body language is all wrong. Rooney at least seems to be fired up.

... Drop him. Just keep Moyse. got that KEEP HIM ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement