Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester Utd vs Liverpool; March 16th; 13:30pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Tom Cleverley starts a petition to say he is better than Sturridge and Welbeck combined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

A match that form/league position usually matters for nothing.

If Pool are positive and play Sterling/Suarez/Sturridge I reckon it'll be a long 90 minutes for us.

Rafael v Sterling could be a clincher, early Rafael booking and i'll be worried.

But on the other hand. Fellaini/Carrick shielding the back 4 with Mata/Januzaj/Rooney playing behind RVP up top. I don't think Moyes will do this though :(

In summary, haven't a clue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Form counts for nothing here. Utd had plenty of good results against Liverpool in the 80s / 90s and likewise Liverpool had good results against them when Utd were dominating.

I'll take a 0-1 94th minute win with Gerrard running the length of the pitch to deck Gary Neville in celebration.

* would take a draw now, if offered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I'm predicting a Sturridge v Welbeck shoot out.

Well that will finish quickly;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Form counts for nothing here. Utd had plenty of good results against Liverpool in the 80s / 90s and likewise Liverpool had good results against them when Utd were dominating.

I'll take a 0-1 94th minute win with Gerrard running the length of the pitch to deck Gary Neville in celebration.

* would take a draw now, if offered

taking a draw now would be silly

the weakest season united have had in over a quarter of a century and youd take a draw?

no offence to united fans but if anything it would be them willing to take a draw right now. liverpool will be expecting to win on sunday. it wont be easy by any means but liverpool have been better overall than united this season. thats not an opinion thats just fact.

id take a boring 1 nil but i think we might concede. there will probably be a goal in the difference either way. united will snatch it or liverpool will.

regardless i wouldnt take a draw now because it will be a classic. if we win awesome. if we draw grand. if we lose itll be sh1t but we will move on safe in the knowledge that we are already achieving what we set out to achieve this season and thas get a top 4 spot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

You have top 4 in the bag. Arsenal have a bigger chance of dropping out of it than liverpool at this stage.

Tougher fixtures and injuries to many key players.

I still don't see it happening but the games on Sunday could heap pressure on if Spurs and United win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

id agree that top 4 is prob more certain for liverpool than arsenal right now. but a loss for liverpool and a win for spurs might make things look a little different.

im gonna enjoy the game either way

Arsenal's next 5 games. I could see them dropping as many as 9 points here.

v Spurs (A)

BPL 22 Mar 2014
    v Chelsea (A)

BPL 25 Mar 2014
    v Swansea (H)

BPL 29 Mar 2014
    v Man City (H)

BPL 6 Apr 2014
    v Everton (A)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9209083/premier-league-wayne-rooney-doesnt-like-seeing-liverpool-battling-for-title

United have surrendered their Premier League crown this season without putting up much of a title defence.

Chelsea and Manchester City are favourites to take the title, but Arsenal and Liverpool are also in the battle.

And Rooney admits that it is difficult to see City in contention, while Liverpool's presence near the top makes things even worse.

"To see City doing well, and particularly Liverpool, is really difficult," the England striker told club magazine Inside United.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

This thread is always far more entertaining than the match itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Definite United victory. 4-1 to the Champions. Januzaj hat trick and Welbeck with one. Coutinho goal for us.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

hefferboi wrote: »
    Definite United victory. 4-1 to the Champions. Januzaj hat trick and Welbeck with one. Coutinho goal for us.

1zgytq8.jpg

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

You just know Moyes is going to fùck the team up like he has done all season

He sees a draw as a good result

I'm at the point where I'd rather we play well and lose than to play the muck we have this season and scrape a draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

keano_afc wrote: »
    This thread is always far more entertaining than the match itself.
    Always guaranteed yellows and probably 2 red cards, both to the losing side.

But as usual, a no score draw.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Agueroooo wrote: »

Love that gif :D

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

So many q's regarding team line up, United's point of view:

Start the same as WBA?
    Put Clevs in midfield to track Henderson/Coutinho runs from midfield?
    Team that finished v WBA looked better less RVP, surely he won't be dropped. Welbeck?
    Young/Valencia to start? Moyes probably will want someone tracking very quickly back against counter attacks
    Kagawa to start?

I think Moyes should go for it, Pool's full backs are weak enough. Januzaj straight against Flanagan? Or play Young out wide?

Valencia is easier to read than an Anne and Barry book. I hope he's not playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

I'm predicting a Sturridge v Welbeck shoot out.

Dance off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

dr ro wrote: »
    Dance off!

Hairdo battle!

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Martin Skrtel, with his 50 pence head and his over fondness of the defensive bicycle kick.

Leaps like a salmon, runs like a horse.

Heads like a trout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Dance off!
    OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Hairdo battle!

gerald.png

Dance off!

tumblr_lo3ny2jeyd1qf2lpz.gif?w=385&h=337

Kinda looks like Welbeck.

BloodBath wrote: »
    Valencia is easier to read than an Anne and Barry book. I hope he's not playing.

Johnson is a mathematician though, so Valencia might be in with a shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Agueroooo wrote: »
    1zgytq8.jpg

I got this ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Thread still up.

I rename this thread the Manchester United/Liverpool Friendship Society!

Until Sunday when we bitterly hate each other

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

3-1 to Liverpool.

Liverpool to go 2 up in the first 20/25 mins. After running ourselves into the ground we eventually tire and united start putting the pressure to Liverpool, Liverpool are outplayed for the next 20 mins lucky to be going in at half time 2 ahead.
    2nd half starts we run ourselves ragged again for about 10 mins, then tire and united finally score. 1-2 now and the old Trafford faithful sense an equaliser, they have Liverpool penned in, crossing and crossing the ball into the box.

Suddenly Liverpool break - Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge surge forward with devastating pace and score a 3rd. Game over..

Quite possible but i don't think you're going to have it as easy as you think.

It's all down to what team and tactics Moyes chooses to go with.

Augmerson wrote: »
    Thread still up.

I rename this thread the Manchester United/Liverpool Friendship Society!

Until Sunday when we bitterly hate each other

The mods at 1.30 Sunday

riot-poli-ce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Quite possible but i don't think you're going to have it as easy as you think.

It's all down to what team and tactics Moyes chooses to go with.

Of course but that's my ideal scenario without been totally unrealistic:)

In all honesty I don't see Liverpool deviating much from the game plan they have used all season although maybe a change in formation.
    If Moyes starts Young/Valenica, Rodgers will put allen and Henderson covering the wings and Liverpool will have oceans of space down the middle then, its what they did to Lallana at Southampton, totally took them out of the game.

United have some really good individual players, world class even and if you can get at our back 4 you will have plenty of joy and will hurt us, but I keep saying Liverpool as a team can tear you apart.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

rarnes1 wrote: »
    The mods at 1.30 Sunday

riot-poli-ce

Right now it's:

freinds.gif

"No no no chum! I'm sure your side will prevail!"

"Haha oh matey but your side is number 1!"

*slaps on backs*

But on Sunday it'll be:

day-of-the-dead-choke-on-em.jpg

"CHOKE ON EMMMMMM"

• Advertisement

If Moyes starts Valencia and Young I won't even watch the game.

Stick to what we did the last 2 PL games and we have a strong chance of taking it down. Have Fellaini and Carrick mark the crap out of Henderson and Gerrard.

Evra instructed to not press forward too much and keep tabs on Sterling.

Focus our own attacks through the middle or out right with Mata, Rooney and Kagawa as our attacking 3 midfield with VP up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

If Moyes starts Valencia and Young I won't even watch the game.

Stick to what we did the last 2 PL games and we have a strong chance of taking it down. Have Fellaini and Carrick mark the crap out of Henderson and Gerrard.

Evra instructed to not press forward too much and keep tabs on Sterling.

Focus our own attacks through the middle or out right with Mata, Rooney and Kagawa as our attacking 3 midfield with VP up front.

Having the option I could never choose to not watch this game, regardless of my team's chances of winning.

Oh it will be watched through face palms and gritted teeth.

I just hope Mr. Negativity doesn't let us down with his team selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

What is this cr*p, a Liverpool v Utd thread lasting the week? Next thing is someone will apologise on After Hours and the site will go offline....

I'm not too sure about Liverpool winning this, they should, but form never really counted for much when Utd were at the top and Liverpool were falling behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I hate these two ****en **** of a ****en ****en matchs every year. I really don't enjoy football for these two 90 minutes a season.

Over 24 hours without a post, and the mods were worried this thread would turn into chaos!! I suppose no one posting in a thread like this for so long is a kind of chaos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Mickalus wrote: »
    Over 24 hours without a post, and the mods were worried this thread would turn into chaos!! I suppose no one posting in a thread like this for so long is a kind of chaos.

Well I think utd fans now realise that liverpool are the better team and that evra lied about the whole Suarez thing so not much to talk about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

niallo27 wrote: »
    Well I think utd fans now realise that liverpool are the better team and that evra lied about the while Suarez thing so not much to talk about.

Oh sweet baby Jesus...

tumblr_mezy08dbze1qbm00wo1_500.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

niallo27 wrote: »
    Well I think utd fans now realise that liverpool are the better team and that evra lied about the while Suarez thing so not much to talk about.

How many of them would get in the Liverpool team? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

rizzodun wrote: »
    What is this cr*p, a Liverpool v Utd thread lasting the week? Next thing is someone will apologise on After Hours and the site will go offline....

Liverpool doing a lot better than United this year and the thread doesn't go into turmoil

co-inky-dink???

:)

• Advertisement

How many of them would get in the Liverpool team? ;)

United fans?? none!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

The fact that most people think Liverpool will win is worrying.
    Thats usually when we fcuk things up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

The fact that most people think Liverpool will win is worrying.
    Thats usually when we fcuk things up

I will be genuinely shocked if Liverpool don't win this. I'll go for 1-3 to Liverpool. I cannot see how United can pull off a victory. They are woeful in midfield and at the back. Liverpool's strength and pace in attack will win them the game.

United's only chance is if Liverpool have a man sent off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

COYW wrote: »
    I will be genuinely shocked if Liverpool don't win this. I'll go for 1-3 to Liverpool. I cannot see how United can pull off a victory. They are woeful in midfield and at the back. Liverpool's strength and pace in attack will win them the game.

That's a bit mad in fairness. With the players United have, it would hardly be the shock of the season if they won at home. Liverpool have dropped silly points away from Anfield this season.

Never once, throughout the years of United's dominance did I think it would be a shock if Liverpool won.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Unrealistic to suggest that United cannot or will not win this ... there is no doubt that both teams are capable of beating eachother, the questions is which United will turn up? They've been brutal on occasion on OT and nobody quite knows what will happen this weekend - but i think they are capable of at least drawing the game, based on the game with Arsenal where they were more interested in Drawing (Ala Mourinho) than actually attacking.

I fully expect United to play a tight game, as similar to the Arsenal game, hoping not to concede and not too worried about scoring. Moyes' track record is appalling against the top teams and purely based on his Everton days, he generally sends his teams out to be more bludgeoning than attractive.
    -
    My head says Liverpool to inflict a defeat here provided their backline doesn't do a Toure or two - but be very weary of United, this is all they have to play for this season. Its as near to a final as they'll get.

If Liverpool get an early goal, I can see a 09 style result because United will then have to come out and attack and that would be perfect for Liverpool to punish time after time on the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

If Liverpool get an early goal, I can see a 09 style result because United will then have to come out and attack and that would be perfect for Liverpool to punish time after time on the counter.

IF ;) ... ideal for Liverpool if they go ahead early ... United fans will not be happy with their team sitting tight, they;ll be forced to come out and will inevitably get punished for it.

IF ;) ... ideal for Liverpool if they go ahead early ... United fans will not be happy with their team sitting tight, they;ll be forced to come out and will inevitably get punished for it.

I'm not expecting an early goal, but I wasn't expecting one against Arsenal either so who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

COYW wrote: »

United have been pretty poor this season by their own standards but they are still sitting in 6th. Just above Everton on goal difference. If Liverpool had to go to Everton this weekend a lot of people would probably fancy Everton's chances of nicking a win. And Liverpool have had a much better record at Goodison than they do at Old Trafford in recent years.

United have been poor for much of the season but they are not a bad team. And they have home advantage. Chelsea only drew there earlier in the season. Granted they didn't really even try to win that game and were happy with a point from the start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Mickalus wrote: »

You wait until tomorrow and Saturday and then we'll see the cards/bans mount up, by the time the game is over half the support will either be banned for moaning or gloating, I cant wait.

Banhammer.jpeg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement