Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester Utd vs Liverpool; March 16th; 13:30pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭stesaurus

No clue how Liverpool supporters are so confident going into this. As a Utd fan I'd always be weary of Liverpool and would never feel that confident ahead of meeting them. Now that they're having a good season and ahead of us they really seem to be underestimating Utd.
    It will be really sweet if Utd perform to their best and get a result. A lot of fans getting far too cocky lately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

s.welstead wrote: »
    No clue how Liverpool supporters are so confident going into this. As a Utd fan I'd always be weary of Liverpool and would never feel that confident ahead of meeting them. Now that they're having a good season and ahead of us they really seem to be underestimating Utd.
    It will be really sweet if Utd perform to their best and get a result. A lot of fans getting far too cocky lately.

Deservedly cocky though. It's not for no reason that Liverpool are where they are this season. Playing some beautiful football and you can't blame 'Pool fans for getting behind it and believing their odds on to beat United.

Truth is most of us want the win but won't get carried away. As poor as United have been all season, they are more than capable of getting the win or more. It's just Moyes. It's like a massive handicap to have going into this game. What side will he play? What tactics will he use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

That's a bit mad in fairness. With the players United have, it would hardly be the shock of the season if they won at home. Liverpool have dropped silly points away from Anfield this season.

Never once, throughout the years of United's dominance did I think it would be a shock if Liverpool won.

At home, United have been consistently poor. Liverpool have improved as the season has progressed. United haven't got the players to get the job done against this Liverpool side. They need a poor performance from Liverpool, some luck and a drastic improvement on their home form to win this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

COYW wrote: »
    At home, United have been consistently poor. Liverpool have improved as the season has progressed. United haven't got the players to get the job done against this Liverpool side. They need a poor performance from Liverpool, some luck and a drastic improvement on their home form to win this one.
    Yeah ok...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Or.......

1320064_webbunited_jpg0d32a4fdbe224d6bd53f7eddc7c5146d

:D :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Or.......

And so it Begins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

United haven't got the players

That's a new one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

And it starts.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I will be genuinely shocked if Liverpool don't win this. I'll go for 1-3 to Liverpool. I cannot see how United can pull off a victory. They are woeful in midfield and at the back. Liverpool's strength and pace in attack will win them the game.

United's only chance is if Liverpool have a man sent off.

How shocked were you after the Fa cup game at OT ,if anything utd have picked up some form and had players return from injury since then

While this is the most confident/bullish I have been seeing a pool team go to OT in years ,losing at OT is always a strong likelihood for any visiting side.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Or.......

What's the pic? Can't see it

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

s.welstead wrote: »

Some Liverpool fans are, but a lot of us are pretty apprehensive as well. I have no real confidence in any prediction as it could go any way without surprise I feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Liverpool fans have every right to be confident. They're the form team and United have been pretty poor throughout the season, smart money would be on them. To say that it would be a huge shock if United won is a bit of a stretch though.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

It's funny that Liverpool have to treat this as a cup final, (as they have to treat the following 9 games if we have title aspirations), when many would have deemed this our cup final at this point in the league.....

maybe it's not that funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Never expected a Mod of all people to start digging the Bull****:pac:

Hollow:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

United haven't got the players to get the job done against this Liverpool side.

Good enough to win the league at a canter last year, yet not good enough to beat Liverpool at home. Riiight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

United haven't got the players to beat an overconfident Liverpool team is absolutely hilarious. Gotta love their cockiness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

What's the pic? Can't see it

Here it is:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

A down and wounded utd could spell danger for liverpool ( hope not though) if pool win this it'll be hard earned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Im a pool fan and this is one of the craziest things ive ever read on boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Liverpool's defence can be got at. Teams have matched or beaten Liverpool in midfield this season. Moyes may have noticed this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

ush wrote: »
    Liverpool's defence can be got at. "Lesser" teams have matched or beaten Liverpool in midfield this season. Moyes may have noticed this.

and "bigger" teams have seen how good liverpool are on the attack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Jinxed it.

no such thing as a jinx. just paranoid people that dont know any better. liverpool will beat united. wont be easy but they are the better team right now. table doesnt lie. at least thats what united fans use to say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Paulegend wrote: »
    no such thing as a jinx. just paranoid people that dont know any better. liverpool will beat united. wont be easy but they are the better team right now. table doesnt lie. at least thats what united fans use to say

And pool fans used to say, some still do, that form goes out the window in these clashes.

United with Fellaini, Mata, last performance vs West Bromwich and at home V an inform Suarez Sturridge and Organised Pool makes it a very 50-50 game imo

The over confidence from some Liverpool fans is embarrassing.

We failed to beat West Brom, Swansea, Newcastle and Hull away from home. Utd are better than all these teams.

Liverpool have the potential to win for sure but if Utd won I wouldn't be shocked at all. The reverse fixture at Anfield was very evenly matched I thought. I think I remember saying at the time Utd were unlucky to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

rarnes1 wrote: »
    The over confidence from some Liverpool fans is embarrassing.

We failed to beat West Brom, Swansea, Newcastle and Hull away from home. Utd are better than all these teams.

Liverpool have the potential to win for sure but if Utd won I wouldn't be shocked at all. The reverse fixture at Anfield was very evenly marched I thought. I think I remember saying at the time Utd were unlucky to lose.

I remember thinking at the time Fergies team wouldn't have lost that. Moyes seemed happy only losing by 1. Fergie would've scored or lost 2-0 but the kitchen sink would've been fired at us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Utd cross the ball a lot.

Liverpool can't defend crosses.

If Utd put in a similar performance to their one against Fulham then there's only one outcome.....82-0 to Utd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Think the game will boil down to how up for it United are. Moyes doesn't have the respect of the players yet, wouldn't be relying on him to motivate them.

Although Liverpool had poor teams over the years, they almost always were competitive in these games. I think it was largely down to players like Gerrard and Carragher having the other players buzzing for these games.

If Rooney and co are firing on all cylinders, it shall be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Only one bet I am making on this game - goals, and plenty of them

Liverpool could win 4-0 or united could win 5-1, and nothing in between would surprise me.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

United haven't got the players to beat an overconfident Liverpool team is absolutely hilarious. Gotta love their cockiness.

I may be wrong, but I don't think COYW is a Liverpool fan, and he is pretty much the only person saying the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah but, you known... Liverpool fans...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

5starpool wrote: »
    I may be wrong, but I don't think COYW is a Liverpool fan, and he is pretty much the only person saying the above.

I thought the same.

5starpool wrote: »
    Grayditch wrote: »
    Yeah but, you known... Liverpool fans...
    gafferino wrote: »
    I thought the same.

Ye're all delusional, not thinking we're all delusional.

Delusception.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

If LFC attacking players perform like they have most of the season Liverpool will win,however the defence is very dodgy and this is where i can see the scenario of if they score x goals we will score more coming into affect.
    Well thats what im hoping for anyways :P because hand on heart the Liverpool defence as a pool fan scares me.

If our attacking players dont perform we will lose as i cant see us keeping a clean sheet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Dcully wrote: »
    If LFC attacking players perform like they have most of the season Liverpool will win,however the defence is very dodgy and this is where i can see the scenario of if they score x goals we will score more coming into affect.
    Well thats what im hoping for anyways :P because hand on heart the Liverpool defence as a pool fan scares me.

If our attacking players dont perform we will lose as i cant see us keeping a clean sheet.

That's why my defribulator is on full charge till Sunday!

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »

I think we're more likely to put the ball in the net thingy than United, but I also think we're more likely to let the ball in our net thingy than United. And this paradox makes my head hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I'd take two draws on Sunday in a heartbeat and we all just move on to next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Reckon the game is pretty imponderable really. The occasion should lift the United player to play above their recent standards while also ensuring Liverpool maintain their current standards.

I think if Liverpool play as well as they did away to Man City and Chelsea in Decemeber then they will get at least a point. United havent had the performances at all this season to give them confidence of a win IMO.

Most likely going to be totally wrong though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

ush wrote: »
    Liverpool's defence can be got at. Teams have matched or beaten Liverpool in midfield this season. Moyes may have noticed this.

Ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

How's this for fence sitting:

I think one of the two teams will cut loose on the day. This isn't going to be close, it's going to be a 3+ winning margin. The rub of it is that either side could be victorious. I also think it highly unlikely that 22 players are left on the pitch at the end. Expect one set of fans to be very happy Sunday night with the other stewing over a couple of refereeing decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Anyone for a dour 0-0 draw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Yeah id take a point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It's an unpredictable fixture. Liverpool are the better team, but there'll be an atmosphere at the ground not seen this season that will egg Manc U on. But if we can get a couple of early goals, the atmosphere will go back to normal and it could be a fun day.

As much as we've enjoyed Manc U's season, they're still capable of beating anyone on their day.

If Liverpool are to win the league at all, we need to win very tricky fixtures like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Super-Rush wrote: »

Unfortunately, I think both managers will be happy with a draw so 0-0 is likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I will never be drawn into my predictions for this match.

Because 9/10 you will be so wrong you'd look stupid....

Trilla wrote: »
    And pool fans used to say, some still do, that form goes out the window in these clashes.

United with Fellaini, Mata, last performance vs West Bromwich and at home V an inform Suarez Sturridge and Organised Pool makes it a very 50-50 game imo

course it does. its going to be a tight game.

but one result against WEST BROM, isnt about to kick start uniteds season. jesus ye hit a kick start in yer season about 50 times this year. ye have one good result against a sh1t team and next ye think the season is back on track................................

Liverpool beat ye earlier in the season at anfield but have improved since then 10 fold. liverpool are THE best team on form right now.

your saying united with fellaini and mata. you could add rvp and rooney to that.

liverpool are not just an on form sturridge and suarez. they also have an on form hendo strerling gerrard and a hit and miss coutinho who is getting a run for his money with allen.

our full backs havent been settled but flanno has shown against bigger teams that he is more than capable. glen has done a great job when on the left so hopefully will do the same.

as i said it will be tight but liverpool have just too much for united right now. i cant see united getting a result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Paulegend wrote: »
    course it does. its going to be a tight game.

but one result against WEST BROM, isnt about to kick start uniteds season. jesus ye hit a kick start in yer season about 50 times this year. ye have one good result against a sh1t team and next ye think the season is back on track................................

Liverpool beat ye earlier in the season at anfield but have improved since then 10 fold. liverpool are THE best team on form right now.
    You know as well as anyone that form means nothing in this sort of game.
    your saying united with fellaini and mata. you could add rvp and rooney to that.

liverpool are not just an on form sturridge and suarez. they also have an on form hendo strerling gerrard and a hit and miss coutinho who is getting a run for his money with allen.

our full backs havent been settled but flanno has shown against bigger teams that he is more than capable. glen has done a great job when on the left so hopefully will do the same.

as i said it will be tight but liverpool have just too much for united right now. i cant see united getting a result
    How can you say it will be tight and you can't see United getting a result in the same sentence? It's pretty contradictory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

You know as well as anyone that form means nothing in this sort of game.

How can you say it will be tight and you can't see United getting a result in the same sentence? It's pretty contradictory.

I think he means United will up their game to make it tight, but still won't have enough to beat Liverpool.

Could end up that way.

For me, it's a toss of a coin, roll of a dice. Unpredictable. Hopefully the ref won't mess things up and it will be about who is better on the day.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    How's this for fence sitting:

I think one of the two teams will cut loose on the day. This isn't going to be close, it's going to be a 3+ winning margin. The rub of it is that either side could be victorious. I also think it highly unlikely that 22 players are left on the pitch at the end. Expect one set of fans to be very happy Sunday night with the other stewing over a couple of refereeing decisions.

Good god not another ref fail

As long as know-body does anything stupid in the first 5 mins and get sent off then it's game on

Mickalus wrote: »
    I think he means United will up their game to make it tight, but still won't have enough to beat Liverpool.

Could end up that way.

For me, it's a toss of a coin, roll of a dice. Unpredictable. Hopefully the ref won't mess things up and it will be about who is better on the day.

Liverfools are still weak at the back, however I fear there counter-attack. I think we will have alot of possession which will lead to this unless we do something with it. Fellani has to start it's a perfect game for him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement