Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester Utd vs Liverpool; March 16th; 13:30pm

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Liverfools are still weak at the back, however I fear there counter-attack. I think we will have alot of possession which will lead to this unless we do something with it.

Liverfools, good lord.

Liverfools, good lord.

As apposed to Manc U

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

*checks calender to see if its a midterm break.

Agueroooo wrote: »

Good lad, any joy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Mickalus wrote: »
    I think he means United will up their game to make it tight, but still won't have enough to beat Liverpool.

Could end up that way.

For me, it's a toss of a coin, roll of a dice. Unpredictable. Hopefully the ref won't mess things up and it will be about who is better on the day.

Well he said it was a tight game. A tight game by definition could go either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

rarnes1 wrote: »
    The over confidence from some Liverpool fans is embarrassing.

We failed to beat West Brom, Swansea, Newcastle and Hull away from home. Utd are better than all these teams.

Liverpool have the potential to win for sure but if Utd won I wouldn't be shocked at all. The reverse fixture at Anfield was very evenly matched I thought. I think I remember saying at the time Utd were unlucky to lose.

your bending over to be liked is whats embarrassing

your saying we failed to beat west brom swansea newcastle and hull but what about our performances away to city and chelsea where yes we lost but should have had something from them. or lets talk about away to everton spurs or stoke?????

its funny that you mention 4 games away that we "failed" yet only lost one of them

what about uniteds home results????

west brom??
    everton??
    newcastle??
    spurs?
    swansea? (fa cup)

and unlike you im talking about defeats. not just draws

are we not better than all those teams?????

but dont worry im sure any smart reply will get you the thanks you crave

ive said many times that liverpool will have a tough game. of course they will. its f*cking old trafford ffs. but this is the most confident liverpool will be ever going to OT. and its is deserved from their season compared to uniteds.

united could win this game. would it be a shock? no.

liverpool will be expected to win this game. simple as that. not even talking about title credntials but simply because united have shown form that is putting them in a fight for EL where liverpools form have put them in contention for CL.

liverpool are playing a team that have the same form (over the season) as everton southampton newcastle and spurs. we will be expecting to beat them

Well he said it was a tight game. A tight game by definition could go either way.

actually no

i said it was a tight game.

i think that it might come down to a 2-1, 3-2 result in liverpools favour

united wont be a walkover by any means. they will of course up their game as will liverpool (if thats possible. maybe at the back)

a draw could be a possible result but i really cant see united outscoring liverpool in this game. thats all i mean. i think liverpool have too much for them this year

im not trying to be disrespectful to united. they are still the champions and should be prepared for as such. but they look like an army without a general. Rodgers control over liverpool will be the difference. i dont think Moyes has the same faith from his playing staff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Liverfools are still weak at the back, however I fear there counter-attack. I think we will have alot of possession which will lead to this unless we do something with it. Fellani has to start it's a perfect game for him.
    Liverfools, good lord.
    As apposed to Manc U
    Good lad, any joy?

Dealt with, back on topic and dont start please folks

Paulegend wrote: »
    your bending over to be liked is whats embarrassing

your saying we failed to beat west brom swansea newcastle and hull but what about our performances away to city and chelsea where yes we lost but should have had something from them. or lets talk about away to everton spurs or stoke?????

its funny that you mention 4 games away that we "failed" yet only lost one of them

what about uniteds home results????

west brom??
    everton??
    newcastle??
    spurs?
    swansea? (fa cup)

and unlike you im talking about defeats. not just draws

are we not better than all those teams?????

but dont worry im sure any smart reply will get you the thanks you crave

ive said many times that liverpool will have a tough game. of course they will. its f*cking old trafford ffs. but this is the most confident liverpool will be ever going to OT. and its is deserved from their season compared to uniteds.

united could win this game. would it be a shock? no.

liverpool will be expected to win this game. simple as that. not even talking about title credntials but simply because united have shown form that is putting them in a fight for EL where liverpools form have put them in contention for CL.

liverpool are playing a team that have the same form (over the season) as everton southampton newcastle and spurs. we will be expecting to beat them

His point is valid, most of yours is cynical at best. Form is gone out the window on Sunday, it's the first time the teams have reversed in fortunes and it gives us greater incentive to take something from you this time round.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Dealt with, back on topic and dont start please folks

Please explain? I referenced Liverpool as Liver-fools as apposed to Man utd - Mancs. I was staying on topic. Said person reacted with sneers. That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

Any boardsies actually going to the game?
    If not, where will you watch it?

I'm going to be en route home from a Stag party, will be stopping for the game.
    I expect it to be..... messy!

His point is valid, most of yours is cynical at best. Form is gone out the window on Sunday, it's the first time the teams have reversed in fortunes and it gives us greater incentive to take something from you this time round.

of course his point is valid

i unlike most here am open to the idea that we all have differing opinions

but his point was negative towards liverpools away results while ignoring worse home results for united. it was a united weighed post and very bias in yer favour. i doubt he meant it that way but thats how it came accross

how was my post cynical?

i basically used his reasoning and swung it the opposite way

form does go out the window in this game. i think united will come out of sunday brimming with confidence after their display. but i just cant see them winning the game. liverpools away record has been dodgy but some of their away games against teams in uniteds position in the league have been amazing

while united have incentive to make things right. liverpool have equal incentive to push on and show that they are where they are on merit alone

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    How's this for fence sitting:

I think one of the two teams will cut loose on the day. This isn't going to be close, it's going to be a 3+ winning margin. The rub of it is that either side could be victorious. I also think it highly unlikely that 22 players are left on the pitch at the end. Expect one set of fans to be very happy Sunday night with the other stewing over a couple of refereeing decisions.

Yep....exactly how I see it.

I think within the first 10mins we will be able to see who will win.
    If Liverpool are sitting back and look like the occasion has got to them then Utd will win.

but if Liverpool show some balls and open up on fire then Utd are in trouble.

really will all come down to who has the psychological want and I am hoping the Liverpool squad has had a few sessions with Steve Peters this week.

you would want to be a brave punter to put any serious money on either team to win.

bring it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Mickalus wrote: »
    Any boardsies actually going to the game?

I'll be at it. Can't wait, ages since we've had a home game that I was at. Now I have 4 in a row.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Comfortable United win, 2-0.

• Advertisement

Paulegend wrote: »
    of course his point is valid

i unlike most here am open to the idea that we all have differing opinions

but his point was negative towards liverpools away results while ignoring worse home results for united. it was a united weighed post and very bias in yer favour. i doubt he meant it that way but thats how it came accross

how was my post cynical?

i basically used his reasoning and swung it the opposite way

form does go out the window in this game. i think united will come out of sunday brimming with confidence after their display. but i just cant see them winning the game. liverpools away record has been dodgy but some of their away games against teams in uniteds position in the league have been amazing

while united have incentive to make things right. liverpool have equal incentive to push on and show that they are where they are on merit alone

All fair points in relation to your opinion but I believe you were being cynical by saying this;

'but dont worry im sure any smart reply will get you the thanks you crave'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

^^^

And we have our first duel.

At Dawn, fellas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

If you asked me 6 weeks ago I'd have said Liverpool would win this one - but the closer it gets to the game, the more I think United will win it. If they are not hungry enough to win and derail Liverpools title bid then something is very wrong. Both sides can score goals, going for 2-1 to United.

Mind games or just plain negativity from Moyes?
    I can't believe a United manager is labelling any other team coming to Old Trafford as favourites.
    More from Manchester United boss David Moyes: "Liverpool's league position suggests they're ahead of us. They possibly do come here as favourites.
    "There has been great rivalry between the two clubs. Liverpool are having a very good season. They're our next game at home and we have to do all we possibly can to beat them.
    "We're maybe not in as strong a position as we'd like to be but I think in every other season they've been very good at this stage coming into the final furlong. We've got big games coming up this month so it will be important."

... from BBC : http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/26386444

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

That's more positive than most of the stuff he come out with to be fair

At least he said we'll try to win, most time he just says we'll try our best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Its the taking part that counts, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

That's more positive than most of the stuff he come out with to be fair

At least he said we'll try to win, most time he just says we'll try our best

He really is Hodgson-esque at times in his press conferences.

Regardless, calling anyone aside from Bayern, Real, Barca, favourites in Old Trafford v United, is a bit ridiculous.

I'm not liking the over optimism from some sections of Liverpool fans. We really have no right to expect to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Knex. wrote: »
    I'm not liking the over optimism from some sections of Liverpool fans. We really have no right to expect to win.

Totally agree ... we've over achieved so far this season and while it's very welcome, there are still plenty of games left for the wheels to start coming off.

I'm nervously enjoying the season so far ... if that makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

United could win this. So could Liverpool.

Hmmm. Lemmie get back to you on the specifics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

If Antonio Valencia either A) starts the match or B) comes on from the bench; Liverpool will win.

If Fellaini and Carrick play together in midfield, United stand a very good chance (see Fellaini's stats vs. West brom).

If Tom Clevery is on the pitch, Humanity loses.

RayCon wrote: »
    Totally agree ... we've over achieved so far this season

How have we over achieved. If anything we have left some big points out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

How have we over achieved. If anything we have left some big points out there.
    But when we win we are over-achieving and when we lose we are under-achieving.

We should aim for draws, just so we meet expectations:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

2 2 draw or 2 1 to either side for me with bet of the day a sending off. My money is on rafael. I wonder if the olympiakos game will have any effect on moyes team selection. A Liverpool early goal would be huge in this game as they could play on the break and it will deflate a wound up home crowd. This is liverpools hardest remaining game and how anyone can think otherwise is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I think Chelsea at Anfield would be a harded game, albeit not by a huge amount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Feel a United win, with both teams scoring.

Liverpool have been impressive this season, but failure to secure some defensive reinforcements in January I feel will cost Liverpool a real chance at a title.
    Both sides are unstable defenseively, both have explosive attacking options. Form book goes out the window for these encounters, but it's an unusual flip situation. Liverpool usually come to OT with nothing to play for realistically and normally try to upset a title race, we have the same chance this weekend.

United obviously have MUCH more improvement to show, and I don't think we have seen a coherant United performance this season. This weekend could be the fixture for it to happen. Some good vibes coming out in the media with various players speaking confidently, and a squad nearly back to full strength, has me pinning a United win.

I'm a United fan, but I don't subscribe to stupid tribal rivalries. Liverpool have been incredible this season, a real joy to watch. Which is refreshing, they were usually muck to watch for years. It's an exciting prospect to see this clash.

Bowing out until the match itself :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

niallo27 wrote: »
    I'd take two draws on Sunday in a heartbeat and we all just move on to next week.

No way, If there are two draws, I think Ill breakdown and be real upset all sunday evening. Boo hoo!!!

I want at least 7 goals in both games, big wins, loads of yellow cards, a few red, penos all round. The refs have to be abused by everyone. Has to be bans for a manager and a couple of players.
    O and Neville to have an orgasm during the match, UNBELIEVABLE.

AND.. and... and I want Ed chamberlain to get a kick in the bo**ix off Souness, live on air..... Ahhh yeah!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

its bound to be nil nil with all the loadsa goals comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Which team thread would have the biggest meltdown if the other side win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

bad2dabone wrote: »

Another way of putting it is which side is expecting to get beaten. Or which side has something to play for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

It depends on the manner of the win/loss.

If Liverpool lose by multiple individual defensive errors then you'll have people wanting our defenders hung drawn and quartered.

If Utd lose by a large amount due to inept/cowardly tactics then you'll have Utd fans spewing bile about Moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Goal Suarez.

Goals are overrated, crosses are what should decide the winner of the game.

Hitting the byline is an art form, Moyes is like da Vinci

So I'm predicting 47-21 to United

What about hitting the woodwork? Liverpool are good at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

If this thread was a match, the commentators would describe it as a cagey affair, tactical and maybe even refer to how much respect the teams have for each other.
    Having said, Micheal Owen would probably compare it to a motorized salmon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Hoping for a boring game with Liverpool winning by a single goal.
    I'll be nervy enough without it being a 7 goal scorefest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Hoping for a boring game with Liverpool winning by a single goal.
    I'll be nervy enough without it being a 7 goal scorefest.

Ah no, sure that's what it's all about man. The nerves, peeking through your hands Busquets style at every half chance for the opposition. If the big games like this are not doing that for me, there's something wrong.

It's great to give a good hiding now and again but I'll take a 7 goal thriller with a solitary goal winner every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

RVP has scored 6 in his last 7 league games against Liverpool

Liverpool have 47 first half goals this season, one more than United have in total this season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Hopefully a really unbalanced refereeing performance which decides the game. The soccer forum has been very boring of late with no controversial topic to spice things up, so im hoping this game will bring something.

Dont care about either team so if they both lose I would be delighted and slightly shocked, but remember where you seen it first.

Looking forward to the match, just disappointed I'll miss this thread. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hopefully a really unbalanced refereeing performance which decides the game. The soccer forum has been very boring of late with no controversial topic to spice things up, so im hoping this game will bring something.

Dont care about either team so if they both lose I would be delighted and slightly shocked, but remember where you seen it first.

Id be a lot more than "slightly shocked" if both teams lost this weekend. :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

If the game tomorrow is as nice and timid as this thread, there'll hardly be any point in tuning in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

United I would imagine. Liverpool would still be in a good position even if they lose. A United loss and Moyes would be getting it in the neck again big-time.

nail-biting-gif.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Of course we all have lovely players

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement