Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest way to transfer money to my TD amertrade account in the USA

Options
  • 11-03-2014 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi
    Could you please tell me is what the cheapest way for me to transfer 30k from my BOI current account to my stock trading account (td ameritrade) in the USA.
    Can you please advise on a breakdown of the charges, and wether they are fixed or varydepending on the amount being transfered. Can you also advse  on how the exchage rate is calculated.
    Finally can youtell me (at todays rate and costs) how much the 30k euros will bein dollars when it makes it across to my american account and how that was calculated based on the above. thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi beachyboy,

Thanks for contacting us here on boards.ie.

As you wish to transfer such a large amount it would be best that you contact your account holding branch directly. A representative there will be more than happy to personally arrange this for you by contacting our global markets team to calculate the best rate of exchange for your transfer and inform you of any fees involved.

Your branches contact details can be found here on our website.

If we can help you with anything else here, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 32 beachyboy

Hi beachyboy,

Thanks for contacting us here on boards.ie.

As you wish to transfer such a large amount it would be best that you contact your account holding branch directly. A representative there will be more than happy to personally arrange this for you by contacting our global markets team to calculate the best rate of exchange for your transfer and inform you of any fees involved.

Your branches contact details can be found here on our website.

If we can help you with anything else here, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks,
    Elaine
    could you give me an email for the Douglas branch in cork please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi beachyboy,

Thanks for coming back to us.

Regrettably it is not possible to contact our branches via email however, you can drop in to your branch at any point. Alternatively, if it's more convenient, you can give them a call directly and a representative will be more than happy to arrange the transfer for you.

Thanks,
    Elaine

Advertisement