Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Playing???

Options
  • 11-03-2014 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

Hi,

So I was interested in an apartment on Daft, two bed 900 euro a month. S I ring to make arrangement for viewing, and was told by the agent, that someone will fing me back later.

So, later that day I get a call from the agent, not for a viewing, but to tell me the price has gone up to 1000, am i still interested, I tell them no.

That was about 2-3 days ago, the apartment is still available, but has now been reduced to 950.

Is this some sort of game by the agent, and is there anything that I can do about it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

dar100 wrote: »
    Is this some sort of game by the agent, and is there anything that I can do about it??

of course there is;

a) Call up and say that you would like to view the apartment at the asking price of €950pm
    b) forget all about it

Thechoice is all yours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Not very helpful, tbh.

I already phoned up to view the apartment at 900, but that changed to 1000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Just wondering what you think could be done about it OP? You can't force the agent to let it to you at the lower rate. You can't force the landlord to accept you as a tenant.

Whippet is 100% correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

If you like the look of it, go and view it and if the EA or Landlord think you would be a decent tenant, offer the original asking price that you could afford. You can just say that you have been viewing a few places and have got a little muddled with what place costs what and was their place X amount. If they don't agree to your price suggestion, then just tell them you will have to think about it and make sure to thank them for their time. Be nice and pleasant about the whole thing.

Advertisement