Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feel lost and scared

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

That's great that you're talking to your phn. It must all seem so endless at the moment so it's good to have someone who can help you in the meantime.

Hope you're bp settles soon...at least that would be one thing ticked off the list!

Thank you :) I'll keep in touch with my PHN as much as I need to. That's what they're there for after all. Things won't go back to normal straight away but they will soon.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

KKkitty wrote: »
    She talked about post natal depression and when I cried she was happy I was letting some emotion out. She didn't want me bottling up how I'm feeling.

The nurses were the same with me. I was apologising for crying when they were bringing him up to neo-natal, but they said they'd be more worried if I showed no emotion.

In fact, that's how a relatives PND was flagged. She showed no emotion when her little one was screaming while getting a minor procedure done. Next thing the PHN was around and organised counselling and stuff for her.

Got in to see my daughter today and she's doing well. Also got the blood pressure checked and it's the lowest it's been in what seems like ages.

Neyite wrote: »
    The nurses were the same with me. I was apologising for crying when they were bringing him up to neo-natal, but they said they'd be more worried if I showed no emotion.

In fact, that's how a relatives PND was flagged. She showed no emotion when her little one was screaming while getting a minor procedure done. Next thing the PHN was around and organised counselling and stuff for her.

I'm an emotional person anyway but I guess the PHN had to let me know what to look out for. Shows how fragile the mind can get though.

Advertisement