Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering without LC physics

Options
  • 11-03-2014 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Am I fcuked for first year ? Im aiming for an A1 in chemistry maths and applied maths and got them in my pres,dont do physics however.Would I be able to pick up whats going on ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

If it is not a compulsory for entry then no. You won't be fecked. .You will likely have a general science module in year 1 that will go from the ground up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

Won't be fecked but will require a lot of extra effort!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 c0unterpart

yawhat! wrote: »
    Won't be fecked but will require a lot of extra effort!

Not too worried aha,thanks !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

You'll be grand. They teach you everything you need to know.

First year maths is a revision of leaving cert maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

You'll be grand. They teach you everything you need to know.

First year maths is a revision of leaving cert maths.

This. Absolutely no bother if you apply yourself. Its fairly handy. Having it just means the first two semesters will be a shade handier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Im aiming for an A1 in chemistry maths and applied maths and got them in my pres,dont do physics however.Would I be able to pick up whats going on ?

Thanks.

Have a look at a physics book if you're worrying. Don't study it, just have a read through it. If you're half decent at maths you'll have no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

You've applied maths and chemistry so you'll be grand. Having LC applied maths helps loads with a couple of modules, including the first semester physics one so you won't be struggling much with that one. Also, with LC chemistry you'll have absolutely no problem whatsoever with the chemistry module so you can spend the free time you might gain from that on physics if you're truly struggling, which I doubt you will be.

Most people don't have all of those three Leaving Cert subjects so they'll be 'behind' in a module or two anyway but really the first year is just to get everyone at the same level across the board. Admittedly, physics is probably the most useful subject to have done in relation to an engineering course but I know people who have done all three of those aforementioned subjects and although they've had to put in just that extra bit of study, they're getting on perfectly fine in the end.

Advertisement