Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie World Regrets

Options
  • 11-03-2014 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭

So, well into season 3 ... what players do you regret missing out on ...who do you regret selling (most)... in The Boards.ie World

1)HIGUAÍN, Gonzalo
    - Goal Machine. A good move when I bought him, poor
    decision to sell him, even if I got Boateng in return

2)MANGALA, Eliaquim
    - Looks likely to get a big move sooner rather than later

3)MARTÍNEZ, Jackson
    - Early in the game - I was mad about buying youth, not realising how good this fellow is
    1)COURTOIS, Thibaut
    - when he moved to madrid, had asked about his availability number of times, next hing we know he's in Madrid

2)COURTOIS, Thibaut
    - When he moved from Madrid, once it became apparent he was leaving, I tried and I tried and I tried ... he ended up with Roma

3)PATO, Alexandre
    - In GW1 of S1 I had the only accepted bid on him, not knowing the game I also had 4 other deals going through the funds in - out should have balanced but the sequence of the deals meant the Pato deal failed due to lack of funds

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Regret selling

1. Matri-say what u want hes a goal machine

2. Benzema only sold him last week but he was another goal machine and slightly regretting it even if I did get robben in return

3. Courtois- with casillas in decline and courtois on the way up it prob wasnt the most clever of moves even if I did get draxler in return.

4. Ronaldo- I do wish I still had him of course but I feel alves and fabregas in return was a great deal for me and strengthen my team greatly.

Regret missing out on

1. Aguero

2. Chellini

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Regret Selling

1. Florenzi.... I knew what I had with him, one of the best young players in Italy and showing it now for Roma, I sold him at an 88 and shortly he rose to 89 but he's a 90+ player for sure...I can't remember at the time but I had another deal verbally agreed and needed the money..... 15mil for an 88 seemed good but I knew what I was loosing.

2. Muriel, I was so happy when I outbid everyone to land him but at the time I wanted as many 90 players as possible, I want him back though!!!!

3. Onazi, same as above, Gea going to be brilliant in a few years!!

Regret missing out on:
    1. Neymar, simply forgot all about him when the GW started, there was so much going on that I forgot to bid on him

2. Shaw, same thing

3. Balotelli, even as a Utd fan I always liked him and hoped Baz would be reasonable but nope!!! Only kidding Baz!!!

* I reserve the right to add El Shaawary to the list should I get the right offer for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Is there anyway to check all of your previous transfers?

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Regret selling:

Rosicky - Sold for 4mill. Rated 89 and fairly versatile. Would easily be first choice back up for 4 positions for me now!
    Ramsey - have him for another 2 days I think. Gonna sicken me to see him go but he's not first choice for me and i'm getting a good deal on him I reckon.
    Monreal - I reckon I let him go cheap as well, decent LBs are hard to come by in this game.

Regret missing:
    Villa - Was a 94 rated striker for 20mill. Still 93 now. Haven't owned a striker rated higher than 91 yet!
    Joaquin - Strange one this, but I think he was sold for cheap enough. There was another player who's ban was up the same day (Otamendi I think) and I only funds to bid on one of them. I think I withdrew my Joaquin bid and ended up with neither player.
    Zelalem - Checked the new player database every day since about August waiting for this guy. Wasn't online for a few days and missed out on him! A great prospect.
    Eto'o - Agreed a deal by PM. About an hour later I logged to make a bid and another bid was already accepted. I wasn't happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,109 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Regret selling Ciro Immobile, big time.

He pissed me off with his poor performances from the bench and being honest i never saw him as an option, Sold him when i managed to get Gilardino back from loan in Season 1.

Fast forward to now, Here I am trying to sign an 89 Striker,

Immobile is 89 and looks to be heading to Dortmund!

I hope fails spectacularly and Ji manages to upstage him :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement