Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change Metro Desktop in windows to Classic Desktop with start button and menus

Options
  • 11-03-2014 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi
    Can anyone help me please and tell me how I can change the view on Windows 8 start screen to the classic desktop view showing the start button in the left hand corner etc
    Also when in Internet Explorer how to I change the screen to make it look like Internet Explorer in Windows 7

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Not sure about internet explorer (Do people still use that?) but your other problem is easily solved by downloading & installing Classic Shell. Makes Windows 8 usable again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Instead of internet explorer get Mozilla Firefox, that has the same layout as your previous version of IE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Classic Shell also gives you the older look in IE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Another vote for Classic Shell.

It will boot the machine straight to the desktop, avoiding the metro screen and adds a start menu that can be configured as well

• Advertisement
Advertisement