Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre map in my area has changed from April '14 to June '14?

Options
  • 11-03-2014 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Last year my parents were offered a few broadband deals from other companies and decided to stay with Eircom as the rep on the phone told us that eFibre was on the way to our area around November 2013 and we would be upgraded when it arrived. When the eFibre map went live it said April 2014 which it had said up to the last time I checked a week or so ago, today I checked to see was there any update and it has it has now changed to June 2014. The area is Carrick-on-Suir and I'm wondering what is the reason for this delay as all the other towns in the county with similar populations will have the service before then?

Also, we currently have 24mbps NGB but speeds don't go above 13mbps and our upload speed is terrible at only around 0.5-0.6mbps max.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Dunnie1982 wrote: »
    Last year my parents were offered a few broadband deals from other companies and decided to stay with Eircom as the rep on the phone told us that eFibre was on the way to our area around November 2013 and we would be upgraded when it arrived. When the eFibre map went live it said April 2014 which it had said up to the last time I checked a week or so ago, today I checked to see was there any update and it has it has now changed to June 2014. The area is Carrick-on-Suir and I'm wondering what is the reason for this delay as all the other towns in the county with similar populations will have the service before then?

Also, we currently have 24mbps NGB but speeds don't go above 13mbps and our upload speed is terrible at only around 0.5-0.6mbps max.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Dunnie1982

The recent response required by engineers to the damage created by the storms have averted attention from upgrading the network further to repairing the existing network in place. The extent of the issues created by the weather was unforeseen however with these issues currently subsiding hopefully there will be no further delays.

If you would like to PM me your landline number I would be happy to look in to tyour existing speeds for you.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]

Advertisement