Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science in Computing (level 8 one)

Options
  • 11-03-2014 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hey can anyone give any feedback as to how decent this coarse is?, how difficult it is? (i know the abstract parts of software engineering/programming are tough) and how are the lecturers? Whats the drop out rate? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 arcticthinker

"79 views" "0 replies" . Maybe just answer some of the questions ? or even one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Try using the forum search functionality for similar threads

You did not just noobify me.... Dammit ive been on forums for the better part of the last decade and I didnt think about that...

Well now i have info about the itb scenario involving drop out rates, it turns it out around 170 students avg start off and then it slowly dwindles down to 110-120 by 4 year , this is from the computing professor i spoke to at the open day today, its mostly due to people coming in thinking the course is very easy and end up slacking off. The professor warned me that it can easily go up to 65 hours a week, with the overall course and work load and how/difficult or easy it is. According to the professor almost all grads find work in the field almost immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Well now i have info about the itb scenario involving drop out rates, it turns it out around 170 students avg start off and then it slowly dwindles down to 110-120 by 4 year

I'd say even less.
    The professor warned me that it can easily go up to 65 hours a week, with the overall course and work load and how/difficult or easy it is. According to the professor almost all grads find work in the field almost immediately.

True and true.

• Advertisement

Konfusion did you do the computing coarse at itb? and you know the ITB merge next year, is it gonna be DUT? Dublin university of tech. I think thats what it is gonna be called but im not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭micko4

Done the first year of the course this year..looks like there gonna be a massive dropout rate..
    its not hard though if you put the work in its easy..just a lot of kids straight from school not bothered..same as I was at that age..

Advertisement