Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House register - how to find who owns a property?

Options
  • 12-03-2014 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Hi all, I have seen a house that is vacant and I was just wondering how I would go about finding out who owns it? Is their any online register or what would I need to do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Kelly06

Ger1987 wrote: »
    Hi all, I have seen a house that is vacant and I was just wondering how I would go about finding out who owns it? Is their any online register or what would I need to do?

Go on to the land registry site as a private user. Search locate by map or property address. Find the house if it's registered you can find out who owns it by downloading the folio the fee for it is five euro. If the property is unregistered title you can find out who owns it in the registry of deeds you can also search online but it's more difficult and more expensive !

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Jaybor

thomms

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CHAHH

I went to pra recently with a folio number, the house is regisered, but the registered owner has been dead since 2009, how do find the actual owner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

If the house has not been registered to a new owner, it is likely tied up in messy probate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Kelly06 wrote: »
    Go on to the land registry site as a private user. Search locate by map or property address. Find the house if it's registered you can find out who owns it by downloading the folio the fee for it is five euro. If the property is unregistered title you can find out who owns it in the registry of deeds you can also search online but it's more difficult and more expensive !

Can you do it online ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Kelly06

Yes you can. Www.prai.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CHAHH

Thanks Mousetail,
    I'm told I can get a copy of the decease's will (at a cost) however I'm not sure I want to go there, usually the will has very little information except who the benificarys are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭duckcfc

CHAHH wrote: »
    Thanks Mousetail,
    I'm told I can get a copy of the decease's will (at a cost) however I'm not sure I want to go there, usually the will has very little information except who the benificarys are.

Get the will, if the property ain't left in will, move in and it legally becomes yours after 13 years seeing as you need somewhere to live

Advertisement