Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. James's A&E Visiting Hours?

Options
  • 12-03-2014 4:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Just looked at the St. James's hospital visiting hours, and it's literally limited to two hours a day.

I have a very close friend who is in A&E there, and would like to visit him in the morning, but I would like to visit him in the morning – which seems perfectly reasonable compared to their preposterous hours.

Will this be possible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm not sure the a and e has actual visiting hours as it's not a ward. Is there someone waiting with them? I'd just pop in and see if they're ok but I wouldn't hang around long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I ended up in St James' A&E a few months back, there was no problem with my partner being there with me.

If you're talking about "visiting" though ... if they're in A&E, they're still being assessed, for whatever, I very much doubt they're going to be in the mood for "visitors". It's a stressful overcrowded environment - may be best to leave it a few days and see how your friend is, and keep in contact by phone rather than visiting in person.

Advertisement