Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham v Arsenal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

All three of arsenal subs have been defensive. Park the bus much?

Not like Wenger had much to worry about. We couldn't score with no goalkeeper in goal. Says it all really!

****ing handbags.. Just play the ****ing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,072 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Does the ref know it's a NLD or does he think it's an u13 badminton match?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

A wonder goal won the game. Arsenal are very good defensively. We just don't have that creative spark.

The 50 free kicks in the last 10 mins has killed the game off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

The pain continues :o

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Better performance but we are lost creatively since we sold Modric. Bale was a one man team last year papering over the cracks.

Our slow possession is torture to watch. We never really look threatening

Thought mike dean did well up until the 75th minute or so. Rest of the game was handing soft free kicks left right and centre.

Killed the game off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

we lose AGAIN - becoming the norm now :-)

PLayed better but its irrelevant as we couldnt score if the game continued for another 2 hours.

4th is definetely gone from us now as is the Europa League

We wont miss Jan vertonghen when he goes, he was awful again today

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Vertonghen and Kaboul should be yeer partnership at the back from now on, Dawson isnt able for the high lines, yee looked a lot more solid today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

It was like watching us under AVB all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Are we expected to be happy with that today?? 2 shots on target in the whole game despite having the majority of possession (they had at least the same),,, but the plaudits will come because the players showed some passion and commitment ... This was against arsenal ffs , passion and commitment should be a given. More of the same ineptness from a man who should be no where near our club never mind managing the team. Need a goal? Let's leave soldado sitting on the bench. Sooner the better the games are finished as the season is already over...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Can't believe Chadli missed that chance...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Are we expected to be happy with that today?? 2 shots on target in the whole game despite having the majority of possession (they had at least the same),,, but the plaudits will come because the players showed some passion and commitment ... This was against arsenal ffs , passion and commitment should be a given. More of the same ineptness from a man who should be no where near our club never mind managing the team. Need a goal? Let's leave soldado sitting on the bench. Sooner the better the games are finished as the season is already over...

This season won't be over until 7th place is secured. The way Utd are playing even our current level of complete and utter lack of drive, creativity and commitment might not be enough. If we get into the ball of ****e that is the Europa league again next year I am going walking in the Himalayas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

THFC wrote: »
    Can't believe Chadli missed that chance...

Yea, he just had to tap with with his left foot into an empty net but brought it back on his right to smack it from one yard, giving them the chance to block...

That said I thought Chadli was OK today..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I think we were allowed to play by the gooners today after they got their lead. I think they could have beaten us by more if they were more adventurous. We were a goal down and Soldado wasn't brought on until the game was nearly over even though Ade seemed ****ed. Roll on May.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    We were a goal down and Soldado wasn't brought on until the game was nearly over even though Ade seemed ****ed. Roll on May.
    it has to be something personal with dim tim ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Lots of huffing and puffing today but not spark. No one like Bale, VDV, Modric to do something special. We're just very very pedestrian and average.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Lots of huffing and puffing today but not spark. No one like Bale, VDV, Modric to do something special. We're just very very pedestrian and average.

Boring but sometimes comical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Nixer Jim

Replace (well) the summer departures, sprinkle a creative energy in the middle, maybe off load some of the the non runners and land a quality manager in the summer. That's it, there's no major rebuild or magic wand needed. Calm minds and sensible choices. This season is done. Next season might not be all that bad.

Simple fact is lads after the goal went in Arsenal parked the bus. They set themselves up straight away to allow spurs the ball and play very deep with only attacking on the counter.

The 3 substitutions were all very defensive ones. Wenger showed resilience and knew that we don't have the creativity to break them down. They worked perfectly and none of Spurs' subs were effective. Only Paulinho mildly looking involved.

The game was dead and over by the time Soldado came on, but I still don't understand why everyone has this unfound belief that Soldado is the messiah and if he were on that pitch we would have scored atleast one goal.

Vertonghen should be benched when Chiriches or Dawson is back. Only player to show no commitment to the club or game. Bentaleb wasn't as bad as people put him out to be. He done the simple things well which was important. Created a couple of chances, one a great ball into Adebayor in the second half.

Overall an ok performance but I found myself very bored in the second half. Reason for this is I believe was due to Arsenal parking the bus (which surprised me) spurs incapable of breaking down anything and the referee dishing out free kicks constantly thus slowing the game down.

Overall this result was better than I expected but I suspect we wouldn't have lost by one if Arsenal hadn't scored in the first half nevermind the first minute.

Wouldn't put this up there with the classic NLD's over the years. Dunno why reporters etc. considered it a great game. Felt both teams were fairly ****e to be honest.

Anyway one more game to go and then we can definitely say our season is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Possession my ar*e.
    Very little quality.
    Chadli starting was a joke.
    Manager out of his depth.

TTID

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Possession my ar*e.
    Very little quality.
    Chadli starting was a joke.
    Manager out of his depth.

TTID

Who would you have started?
    I thought he played well, and I haven't been a fan of his.

Sugarlumps wrote: »

He wasn't bad but having Eriksen play wide to allow Chadli through the middle didn't make sense to me.

Eriksen is light years ahead of Chadli in ability and his lethal position for Ajax was the position Chadli played. Eriksen isn't a winger...

irishmover wrote: »
    He wasn't bad but having Eriksen play wide to allow Chadli through the middle didn't make sense to me.

Eriksen is light years ahead of Chadli in ability and his lethal position for Ajax was the position Chadli played. Eriksen isn't a winger...

Totally agree, we'll not see the best of Eriksen until he's played in his more favoured position.

Lennon / sig,we had options. Not that I'm major fans of those I just mentioned, but Chadli contributes nothing at all. And playing him in the no. 10 role, cmon....

Lennon / sig,we had options. Not that I'm major fans of those I just mentioned, but Chadli contributes nothing at all. And playing him in the no. 10 role, cmon....

When was the last time Lennon had a good game? Sigurdsson hasn't featured, he came on and did nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

eriksen should have been no. 10 and chadli could have played on wing.

• Advertisement

When was the last time Lennon had a good game? Sigurdsson hasn't featured, he came on and did nothing.

At least lennon has pace, chadli offers nothing.
    mickman wrote: »
    eriksen should have been no. 10 and chadli could have played on wing.

Agree on eriksen, his only place is as no 1o, still wouldn't have involved chadli though

Advertisement