Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom threats

Options
  • 12-03-2014 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I left eircom at the end of last year, I paid up my bill but not the early release fee.
    I had been given a new modem while in contract and never told this would initiate a further 12 months, I made a complaint about this and received a letter from eircom saying I wouldn't have to pay this fee.

Early in the new year I then get a letter from the eircom overdue accounts office threatening that if I didn't pay this bill I'd be taken to court, I replied with a copy of the letter I received. At the same time I was also in contact with eircom customer support over the phone and they told me that I didn't have to pay this fee. I got the exact same message from the eircom staff on twitter.

Yesterday I receive a letter from a debt collection company acting on behalf of eircom looking for this fee.
    Telling me I'll be in Stubbs Gazette and they'll call to my home.

what is going on?

Can someone from eircom please clear this up

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

dok71 wrote: »
    I left eircom at the end of last year, I paid up my bill but not the early release fee.
    I had been given a new modem while in contract and never told this would initiate a further 12 months, I made a complaint about this and received a letter from eircom saying I wouldn't have to pay this fee.

Early in the new year I then get a letter from the eircom overdue accounts office threatening that if I didn't pay this bill I'd be taken to court, I replied with a copy of the letter I received. At the same time I was also in contact with eircom customer support over the phone and they told me that I didn't have to pay this fee. I got the exact same message from the eircom staff on twitter.

Yesterday I receive a letter from a debt collection company acting on behalf of eircom looking for this fee.

what is going on?

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi dok71

I have been responding to you over twitter this morning and the current status is that I am awaiting news on this from credit management.
    I see that you had indeed been informed this charge would be cleared but I must follow procedure on resolving this.

I will let you know as soon as I have an update for you.

Thanks

Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dok71

what is going on?

Hi dok71

I have been responding to you over twitter this morning and the current status is that I am awaiting news on this from credit management.
    I see that you had indeed been informed this charge would be cleared but I must follow procedure on resolving this.

Thanks

Al
    Thanks for your response Alan

I was trying a number of avenues to contact eircom this morning.

what is going on?

Hi dok71

Thanks

Al
    Thanks for your response Alan

I was trying a number of avenues to contact eircom this morning.
    No worries dok71

I'll be back to you as soon as I have more news.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

Hey Alan any chance of answering the other question raised about your Debt Collectors illegally threating users with no Debt that I previously raised in this forum?

Doubt it.

dok71 here is the best advice I have received regarding any letters threating legal action by Debt Collectors.
    This was given to me by the Citizens Advice Bureau

Ignore Them.
    Do not deal with the Debt Collectors, get in touch with the company in question and deal directly with them. Your contract is with the company not the Debt Collectors.
    Debt Collectors in Ireland have little to no legal rights, you as a the consumer have extremely strong rights in this matter which are easily enforced. They try to look like Solicitors but all they are are a bunch of thugs who will try every trick in the book to pay not only the debt but also any extra maoney they will tack on to it (Finders Fee, Premium Rate phone line etc.)

If you must deal with them deal with them by recorded mail, and when sending them anything ask in the mail that they respond back confirming that they have received the letter within a timeframe YOU set.

If any Debt Collector arrives at your home or without having arranged a visit with yourself tell them to leave before you call the Gardaí, they are trespassing. If they call or visit your place of work without you pre-arranging this it is legally harassment and you can straight away call the Guards.

In this case it is Eircoms responsibility to stop the Debt Collectors calling to your home as they are acting as agents on behalf of Eircom. Anything they say to you legally Eircom is saying to you. Any time they threaten you with anything legal, eircom is threatening you. Remember Eircom hired these companies to recover the debt. If they have made a mistake it is up to Eircom to resolve it to YOUR satisfaction.

If you have a full name of an agent in Eircoms accounts dept who has confirmed you do not owe anything tell the Debt Collection agency to contact them and don't deal with them any more at all.
    There have been large amount of complaint made to the CAB about the Debt Collectors Eircom use, espically over debts not owed and the Debt Collection Agency not believing any evidence sent to them including letter sent by Eircom.

BUT

If you actually do owe the debt, get in contact with Eircom and discuss a way to pay the debt. While their Customer Support sucks to the highest level (Especially here...) their Accounts department are very understanding. If you can get through to them.
    Just don't pay through the Debt Collection Agency.

It only encourages them.

Thanks Ravenid.

I don't owe this sum, eircom have told me on numerous occasions that I don't, they sent me a letter, they told me on the phone and via DM on Twitter.
    With the Overdue Accounts crowd being in Clare it's obvious there is no link between them and the rest.

I sent these debt collectors a copy of the letter eircom sent me while Alan is checking things out on the eircom side.
    My wife worries greatly about things like this and has had a few restless nights since the letter came.
    I have also sent an email off to my solicitor about it.

• Advertisement

Thanks Ravenid.

I don't owe this sum, eircom have told me on numerous occasions that I don't, they sent me a letter, they told me on the phone and via DM on Twitter.
    With the Overdue Accounts crowd being in Clare it's obvious there is no link between them and the rest.

I sent these debt collectors a copy of the letter eircom sent me while Alan is checking things out on the eircom side.
    My wife worries greatly about things like this and has had a few restless nights since the letter came.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi dok71

I have been informed this afternoon that credit management will instruct the recovery unit seeking this outstanding balance to refrain stop requesting the total said amount. This amount has now been fully cleared and no further action is required.

I apologise for the unnecessary inconvenience this has caused you.

Thanks

Al[/font]

Thanks Ravenid.

Hi dok71

I have been informed this afternoon that credit management will instruct the recovery unit seeking this outstanding balance to refrain stop requesting the total said amount. This amount has now been fully cleared and no further action is required.

Thanks

Al
    Thanks for following this up Alan, appreciate that.
    Could I please get a letter from you stating this and that my balance is 0.00?

Thanks Ravenid.

Hi dok71

Thanks

Al
    Thanks for following this up Alan, appreciate that.
    Could I please get a letter from you stating this and that my balance is 0.00?
    Hi dok71

I'm just happy that I could help.

I'm sure there will be no issues in arranging this, let me ask credit management and I'll get back to you as soon as I have something.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement