Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postage and Package

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I get around 15-20 packages delivered by An Post from all around the world per month. Baring the occasional customs delay, 80% of the time I have the package the next day after it hits Dublin. The rest of the time I have it within 2-3 days. The main delay is always the postal services of other countries. An Post is perfectly fine.

Your post is embarrassing to be honest, and your anecdote about a post card isn't much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Pessimist

I agree with opinions above - Couriers here are a mixed bag, some good some bad.

But An Post is pretty fantastic in my opinion. I've lived in a few other countries myself and I find An Post inexpensive, fast and reliable.

I send and receive post from Australia and it takes a week tops. And it's a lot cheaper on the Irish end too.

Can understand your problem with Couriers but An Post are pretty impressive...

Advertisement