Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Date ideas in Dublin

Options
  • 12-03-2014 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭

Hi

I've started seeing someone recently and want to go out in town and do something fun as we've only really gone out for drinks locally so far. Was thinking of an early dinner somewhere in town and then on to the laughter lounge? What do people think, i'm open to suggestions but take into consideration that we are both in our late twenties so I'd like to keep it light hearted and fun while still impressing this girl if possible. :)

I was thinking along the lines of an early bird in Fire on Dawson St or maybe down to the Yamamori Izakaya on Georges St for Japanese tapas but that could be hit or miss with someone who has probably never been before although i love it in there myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

If you are looking for something very different you could try the Skyline at Croker. I did the walk over the O2 in London and it was brilliant. I think they only do it during the day but you could start on an early one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

A comedy night sounds like a good idea. I reckon you're better off going to the night they run upstairs in the international bar. It's the same comedians and half the price. Plus it's usually a great atmosphere.

In addition there are lots of nice bars around that area for after compared to down the quays.

Going to the greyhound racing could be another option although maybe better for when the weather gets a bit better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Mongolian BBQ is different and the food is really good. Its behind the central bank so you are in the center of everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

hfallada wrote: »
    Mongolian BBQ is different and the food is really good. Its behind the central bank so you are in the center of everything.

I love the Mongolian BBQ!! i don't know is it really somewhere to go for dinner on a date though? I always think of it as like a spot to have lunch in when out shopping or even for a quick meal with your girlfriend rather then someone you have just started seeing if that makes any sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭WellThen?

A comedy night sounds like a good idea. I reckon you're better off going to the night they run upstairs in the international bar. It's the same comedians and half the price. Plus it's usually a great atmosphere.

I second that, the laughter lounge is bad. No atmosphere, fake laughing. Upstairs in the International is always good craic, really comfortable. Just make sure you get there early so you have a seat!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I love the Mongolian BBQ!! i don't know is it really somewhere to go for dinner on a date though? I always think of it as like a spot to have lunch in when out shopping or even for a quick meal with your girlfriend rather then someone you have just started seeing if that makes any sense?

I know some people that have gone there on a date. Although it is probably a bit too casual for a early date. The Yamamori is really good on Georges Street.

Advertisement