Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Podcast

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

tok9 wrote: »
    Really Liked Weekend confirmed and right now the host of that is doing his own solo show which has been decent so far.. although I do prefer a group debating games rather than just one.

At least Garnett seems like a pretty reasonable and likeable guy.

Garnett on Games is the name of the show.

Is that on itunes yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm honestly not sure. I just listen to it. I think it is though as I'm pretty sure he mentioned iTunes reviews.

http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,579 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'd love a podcast in the style of Kermode (before they disappeared up their own arses) or Empire, but 99% of any I listen to are intolerable, jocular rubbish.

Citizen Game is probably the pick of the bunch, although it's very infrequent.

Eurogamer.net is alright, although it does drift into 'humour' a bit too much.

IGN UK is half-decent. The host keeps the show on the road, but some of the contributors are terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Wired's Gamelife Podcast is my favourite gaming podcast at the moment.

http://www.wired.com/tag/gamelife-audio/

I have a couple of car journeys over the weekend, and I'll give Garnett's new one a spin (I really liked Weekend Confirmed).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

tok9 wrote: »
    Really Liked Weekend confirmed and right now the host of that is doing his own solo show which has been decent so far.. although I do prefer a group debating games rather than just one.

At least Garnett seems like a pretty reasonable and likeable guy.

Garnett on Games is the name of the show.

I listened to WC as well as when he was on 1up. I like his podcast style, especially the focus on discussion. However at times his over indulgence in crude toilet humour gets too crass even for a juvenile mind such as myself. I remember one show when I kept referring to games as whether they were "the girl I want to f*** or the girl I want to marry" and by the end of the show I just wanted to beat him to a pulp. That said, he is a good host.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mr E wrote: »
    Wired's Gamelife Podcast is my favourite gaming podcast at the moment.

http://www.wired.com/tag/gamelife-audio/

I have a couple of car journeys over the weekend, and I'll give Garnett's new one a spin (I really liked Weekend Confirmed).

Not listened to that but they guys from it regularly guest of retronauts and are really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not listened to that but they guys from it regularly guest of retronauts and are really good.

Chris Kohler knows his stuff...especially when it comes to random only released in Japan games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

Giants bomb ranting about stuff I don't care about and I'm not gone on igns anymore. Major nelson good alright but can anyone recommend a podcast that good? That he actually talk about games there playing??

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

brady12 wrote: »
    Giants bomb ranting about stuff I don't care about and I'm not gone on igns anymore. Major nelson good alright but can anyone recommend a podcast that good? That he actually talk about games there playing??

Playstationer.net just started one but haven't listened to it yet. They ate a good site on facebook so will give it a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

My current games podcast list is:

The Joystiq Podcast
    IGN UK
    Nintendo Voice Chat
    The Game Informer Show
    WIRED's Game Life
    Garnett on Games (not as good as Weekend Confirmed - you need a discussion rather than a monologue)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Matt Lees puts up one fairly regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 DavidCollins

Sorry for the bump. Just wanted to mention my my gaming music podcast BitNote has been going for quite some time: bitnotefm.com I play all the games I talk about, and sometimes have special episodes where I interview people or devote an ep to various topics. It's on iTunes, and on Twitter at @bitnotefm

Advertisement