Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union residential investment mortgage

Options
  • 12-03-2014 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭

Hi all I was wondering does anyone know if the credit union do residential investment mortgages ? I was thinking of joining one and putting in €20k -25k in the next year or two with a view to borrowing 60k for a small investment property. Is this realistic ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

surely this is a wind up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Big Davey

D3PO wrote: »
    surely this is a wind up ?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Big Davey wrote: »
    No.

Hi. Depends on the credit union. I have my mortgage >50k with the cu

• Registered Users Posts: 68,865 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Not a chance.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Have to concur- given the new guidelines- its a definite no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

It's classified as a home improvemeant loan imterests rates are usually about 1 percent above bank rates. I have one so I know what I'm talking about. My house is secured against the loan

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Eldarion

I'd err on the side of no but it would depend on your situation really. For example if you're rolling with 600k+ networth I can't see why they'd refuse you a 60k loan.

For everyone freaking, 60k is borderline car loan territory...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

The credit unions got their fingers badly burned by lending to developers. They lost the run of themselves in many instances and forgot their credit union roots...just look at the Bling Bling Newbridge Credit Union to see how inflated the egos got. They have had to wind their necks in and I'd be amazed if any credit union in Ireland would lend a cent on residential investment property today.

Advertisement