Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customer Service Issue

Options
  • 12-03-2014 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Eircom,

A fault on my parents’ phone line was logged on Thursday, 6th March.  While I appreciate that there are delays with faults being fixed at the moment my issue is with customer service.  My sister rang Monday, 10th to make sure the fault was logged and was informed that it was on a technician’s list and they would be calling anytime from 9.00 am.  At 4.50 pm I rang Eircom again to see if they were going to call that day as my mother had stayed in the house all day waiting for the technician and needed to go out.  I was told that the technician was on his way to the house at that stage.  I said “do they work after 5.00 pm, its 10 to now”, and I was told they are all working overtime to resolve issues.  They didn’t call out or even ring.  So my mother sat in for nothing.

On Tuesday, 11th March I rang and spoke to James.  James said that it should have already been fixed as there is a day and half turnaround in the Longford area at the moment.  I stated that if they were not calling out yesterday that was fine but not to tell me they were calling out if they were not going to as my mother had to go out today as she didn’t get out yesterday.  James took my mobile number and said he would get someone call me on it but that it might be a couple of hours time when I would get the call.  I got no call.  My mother got a text message.  My mother cannot open text messages and the message was only read at 8.00 pm.  The message stated that Eircom knows there is a fault and that it has not yet been resolved and sorry for the inconvenience.   So my mother sat in all day again for nothing!

This morning, Wednesday, 12th March I rang and spoke to Albert and explained that I spoke to James yesterday and someone was to ring me and they didn’t.  He asked me if XXX was my mobile number and I said it was my mother’s but that they were supposed to ring my mobile as that was the number that James took.  He explained that my mother’s mobile number is attached to the account, which I already understood.  I said that I had been told someone would ring me at my mobile number.  He asked for my mobile number and I said “what is the point of giving my number to you.”  He said that he would ring me back after he rang a technician.  I said I would hold that I wasn’t hanging up only to never receive a call back again.  He said that he could not ring a technician while I was on the line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At that I just laughed (hysterically I might add, not humorously) and said are you telling me that you are a telephone company and you don’t have the ability to make a call while you are on another call!!!!!!!!!!!!  I then said, don’t bother I’m ringing Joe Duffy or someone!

All I am asking to find out is if a technician is going to call out and if they are what day and a rough estimate of time.  If it is to be 2 weeks time, just tell me that, please do not say they are calling out today if nobody is calling out today.  And please ask staff not to insult your customers by lying about ringing back or getting someone to ring back when they have no intention of ringing back.  Or about the capabilities of making a second call while on an existing call!

Thank you for your help (hopefully!)

ldchic 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ldchic wrote: »
    Hi Eircom,

A fault on my parents’ phone line was logged on Thursday, 6th March.  While I appreciate that there are delays with faults being fixed at the moment my issue is with customer service.  My sister rang Monday, 10th to make sure the fault was logged and was informed that it was on a technician’s list and they would be calling anytime from 9.00 am.  At 4.50 pm I rang Eircom again to see if they were going to call that day as my mother had stayed in the house all day waiting for the technician and needed to go out.  I was told that the technician was on his way to the house at that stage.  I said “do they work after 5.00 pm, its 10 to now”, and I was told they are all working overtime to resolve issues.  They didn’t call out or even ring.  So my mother sat in for nothing.

On Tuesday, 11th March I rang and spoke to James.  James said that it should have already been fixed as there is a day and half turnaround in the Longford area at the moment.  I stated that if they were not calling out yesterday that was fine but not to tell me they were calling out if they were not going to as my mother had to go out today as she didn’t get out yesterday.  James took my mobile number and said he would get someone call me on it but that it might be a couple of hours time when I would get the call.  I got no call.  My mother got a text message.  My mother cannot open text messages and the message was only read at 8.00 pm.  The message stated that Eircom knows there is a fault and that it has not yet been resolved and sorry for the inconvenience.   So my mother sat in all day again for nothing!

This morning, Wednesday, 12th March I rang and spoke to Albert and explained that I spoke to James yesterday and someone was to ring me and they didn’t.  He asked me if XXX was my mobile number and I said it was my mother’s but that they were supposed to ring my mobile as that was the number that James took.  He explained that my mother’s mobile number is attached to the account, which I already understood.  I said that I had been told someone would ring me at my mobile number.  He asked for my mobile number and I said “what is the point of giving my number to you.”  He said that he would ring me back after he rang a technician.  I said I would hold that I wasn’t hanging up only to never receive a call back again.  He said that he could not ring a technician while I was on the line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At that I just laughed (hysterically I might add, not humorously) and said are you telling me that you are a telephone company and you don’t have the ability to make a call while you are on another call!!!!!!!!!!!!  I then said, don’t bother I’m ringing Joe Duffy or someone!

All I am asking to find out is if a technician is going to call out and if they are what day and a rough estimate of time.  If it is to be 2 weeks time, just tell me that, please do not say they are calling out today if nobody is calling out today.  And please ask staff not to insult your customers by lying about ringing back or getting someone to ring back when they have no intention of ringing back.  Or about the capabilities of making a second call while on an existing call!

ldchic 

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi ldchic

I'm sorry to hear of the negative experience you have had with eircom so far. There are existing delays in resolving line issues and some delays are going on a lot longer than expected.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]If you would like to PM me the landline number affected I will check for an update, I may or may not be able to offer you an timeframe for restoration but I will be honest with you.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ldchic

Hi Eircom,

ldchic 

Hi ldchic

I'm sorry to hear of the negative experience you have had with eircom so far. There are existing delays in resolving line issues and some delays are going on a lot longer than expected.

If you would like to PM me the landline number affected I will check for an update, I may or may not be able to offer you an timeframe for restoration but I will be honest with you.

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Many thanks for your response.  I have had no internet access since 2.00 pm so only getting to come back to you now.  The fault was fixed this afternoon after all.  

As I mentioned in the earlier post, the issue is the customer service aspect rather than the fault repair and it would appear from looking on Boards that a number of people are having similar issues with Eircom presently and unfortunately it is not my first negative experience of Eircom's customer service.  I hope in future that it will be easier to deal with Eircom's customer services by phone as I imagine a good number of Eircom customers do not have access to or knowledge of how to use an online forum such as Boards to get issues resolved.

Many thanks.
    ldchic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Eircom,

ldchic 

Hi ldchic

I'm sorry to hear of the negative experience you have had with eircom so far. There are existing delays in resolving line issues and some delays are going on a lot longer than expected.

If you would like to PM me the landline number affected I will check for an update, I may or may not be able to offer you an timeframe for restoration but I will be honest with you.

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Many thanks for your response.  I have had no internet access since 2.00 pm so only getting to come back to you now.  The fault was fixed this afternoon after all.  

As I mentioned in the earlier post, the issue is the customer service aspect rather than the fault repair and it would appear from looking on Boards that a number of people are having similar issues with Eircom presently and unfortunately it is not my first negative experience of Eircom's customer service.  I hope in future that it will be easier to deal with Eircom's customer services by phone as I imagine a good number of Eircom customers do not have access to or knowledge of how to use an online forum such as Boards to get issues resolved.

Many thanks.
    ldchic

Hi ldchic

I'm glad to see this has been resolved. I can totally understand where you are coming from in relation to your negative experience and I will of course mark this feedback for the attention of management.

Should you have any further queries in the future please do not hesitate to get in touch with me.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement