Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Mobile Broadband - 130 euro for a year

Options
  • 12-03-2014 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Three UK sell a prepaid mobile broadband package, including a Huawei E5220 device with twelve months broadband included (12GB data cap, so for light use only) for £110 sterling (about 130 euro).

The deal is called "PAYG+12"

I have one as I travel regularly to the UK for work, but have discovered that it works in Ireland (and a few other countries like Australia!) out of the box under the 'Feel at Home' deal, at no extra cost.

No contract, fast delivery, probably needs a UK address and credit card; I live in the Isle of Man and was able to order even though it doesn't work there.

Obviously check your coverage first, but in the locations I use it in Ireland and UK it works absolutely perfectly.

The device will be upgraded by Three to support 4G shortly. The device console is excellent as you can enable auto-connection or require a browser login and 'connect'... this is handy to prevent inadvertent connections.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

It has a SIM only option as well for £70 if you use an unlocked device so works out at circa €10/1GB. But surely getting a PAYG phone SIM with 3 which charges 3/2/1p for call/texts/data and you can purchase data bundles is a more flexible option?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

kn wrote: »
    It has a SIM only option as well for £70 if you use an unlocked device so works out at circa €10/1GB. But surely getting a PAYG phone SIM with 3 which charges 3/2/1p for call/texts/data and you can purchase data bundles is a more flexible option?

Yes, it's a pretty good option, but I don't like SIM-swapping and use multiple WIFI devices (phone, laptop, iPad) so the £110 deal + device works pretty well for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

3DataModem wrote: »

I have one as I travel regularly to the UK for work, but have discovered that it works in Ireland (and a few other countries like Australia!) out of the box under the 'Feel at Home' deal, at no extra cost.
    3 UK's "Feel at home" covers the USA, Austria, Australia, Denmark, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Italy, Macau, the Republic of Ireland, Sri Lanka and Sweden.

So you can use this sim in any of these countries.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭homingbird

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Could you get one of these with an Irish card and get it delivered to PM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Yep. As far as I find, Visa Debits are universal and not tied to a country, so use one of them and send to PM.

Advertisement