Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of utility room

Options
  • 12-03-2014 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We are looking to build on a utility room onto our home ( we should have done it on 06 when we built initially )

Anyway its roughly 110 sq feet. We have a current doorway that would go from a double to a single door into the utility. We would then place a back door at the bottom of the utility room.

It would be single story with a velux/skylight on one side. It would need tiles on the floor and along one wall where we would place a work top with washing machine/dryer underneath.

We'd need to move the water outlet down for it and have for electrical sockets for washing machine etc.

All the usual would be needed roof, tiles, plastering, purchase of door, skylight. I don't know if we'll extend the central heating to that room ( might add too much to the cost ).

We are looking for a rough price to see can we afford it. i know prices would be different in different parts of the country but are in Laois.

Any help or advice would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

You would be spending 10k anyway, alot of unknown doing foundations for it i.e pipes and services may need moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Handsandtools

Always count on average 1000euros/m2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Thanks for the replies, i had 10 to 12k in my head as a number so i'm not too far off.

Advertisement