Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 15 Plans

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Buy a Xbox one & Get Madden 15
    I won €4 on an all cash gold the other day Raoul, beat that!

My Xbox is on it's last legs so I think I'll have an Xbox one by Christmas for sure

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

If its small numbers on both sides would it better if everyone picked teams within the same conference?
    Otherwise it could be 1/2 teams a division

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Wasn't gonna be back for next Madden as had planned to travel but thats on the back burner for a while, so am undecided on what to do.
    Birthday normally falls around Madden Time so may invest in an Xbox 1 if people are heading that way

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

A few grand on a local lotto. :).

Looks like I have decided on the xbox then. I don't even play the xbox that much but I deserve a treat :). Won't be purchasing until next week. If people were staying on xbox 360, I would buy madden 15 for the 360. It is the game I enjoy the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It's gonna be pretty small numbers on both sides I think! Anyone in the 360 league won't wanna leave their teams and more people will be migrating over to the xbox 1 from what's left!

Yeah, I agree. This coming Madden 15 season will be the one that suffers a lot because as you say it will be split, but from Madden 16 the vast majority will be on Xbox One I think so we should be okay after that.
    PerrinV2 wrote: »
    If its small numbers on both sides would it better if everyone picked teams within the same conference?
    Otherwise it could be 1/2 teams a division

I wonder if we could do something like a Premier League format if numbers are scarce?

I know it takes away the fun of the offseason draft, free agency, trades etc, but it's not going to be much fun doing those things with 10 CPU games a season either.

If we had 15 players or less I think it might be something to strongly consider.

You could play everyone once, so if there was 15 people then you get 14 games, top 8 go into the playoffs. Then the person who finishes bottom of the league gets the first pick of who they want to play with the following season and go in that order, so we're switching teams every season too as an added bonus. You'd easily bang through 3 seasons of that.

It'd be quite easy to keep a league table via Excel and fixtures could be made via a random generator each gameweek.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Yeah, I agree. This coming Madden 15 season will be the one that suffers a lot because as you say it will be split, but from Madden 16 the vast majority will be on Xbox One I think so we should be okay after that.

I wonder if we could do something like a Premier League format if numbers are scarce?

I know it takes away the fun of the offseason draft, free agency, trades etc, but it's not going to be much fun doing those things with 10 CPU games a season either.

If we had 15 players or less I think it might be something to strongly consider.

You could play everyone once, so if there was 15 people then you get 14 games, top 8 go into the playoffs. Then the person who finishes bottom of the league gets the first pick of who they want to play with the following season and go in that order, so we're switching teams every season too as an added bonus. You'd easily bang through 3 seasons of that.

It'd be quite easy to keep a league table via Excel and fixtures could be made via a random generator each gameweek.

As u said though it'll take a lot of the fun out of it if there is no draft free agency or trades.
    Also real life form would come into it with teams and players on hot and cold streaks due to whats happen in the NFL rather than in our league.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I probably wont be buying the game if there is not enough lads to play a decent league with, the reason i buy it is for the competition on here, playing CPU is just a pain in the Ass

Yeah it is a pain in the ass. But at least with the CPU level up a bit since last season, it is actually a competitive game.

It would be great if Madden would allow you to create a league with as many human players as you like and put all the players that aren't on selected teams in FA or something or do a fantasy league with 16 teams or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

To be honest i find the CPU no harder, im letting them score so i can still make plays and get TD's otherwise its over before HT and i'd have waste the clock and run it.

I haven't lost a CPU game but there have been scares where for some reason their qb becomes elite :S

• Advertisement

Yeah I'd be in favour of doing the normal season. The part I enjoy most is building and developing my team. Obviously human game are better than CPU games but they're not that bad since the CPU has become fairly competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Buy a PS4 & Get Madden 15
    If you're the type of player that is a slow starter, it can be difficult against the CPU, I find if I can start the game by getting the ball first or force a quick 3 and out but can't hit the 35 limit by half time, but of course late in the forth the CPU QB becomes elite making perfect passes, my last 2 CPU games CPU has scored 16 points inside the 2 min warning after been shutout for the whole game with less than 50 yards on the ground and through the air. And the fake punt in the forth quarter drives me mad!

Yeah I agree, I'd much rather do the proper league, but even though the CPU games are harder without doubt it's still pretty boring playing them once you get a taster of the human games. Also, free agency and the draft are far less fun as they make stupid pick-ups and draft for positions and players they don't have a need for.

You never know though I guess, we had a full 32 player league at the start of Madden 13 which is one hell of an achievement for an Irish forum, we might hit 20 + players again if we can get a few back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Paully D wrote: »

The team building,draft,FA is half the fun though,especially taking a weaker team and building them up.
    If we stayed to a conference we'd have pretty close to full divisions,we'd still have cpu games though but only 4 and every1 would have the same amount and the conference final would pretty much be the superbowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The real fall out would be weather its AFC (pffft) or the NFC (duh), that we choose.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Or the embarrassment of losing the Superbowl to the CPU. Kind of thing that deserves a serious forfeit if it ever were to happen.

Well hopefully the CPU might be more challenging in next yrs game.
    Either that or we increase the difficulty before we start the league.

An idea if we cant get numbers for either system with madden 15.
    If we manage 16 players for either we cud take a team from each conference. No trading between ur own teams.
    Whoever picks first in 1st conference picks last in the 2nd so u shud have one good team and one project team

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

guns4all wrote: »
    An idea if we cant get numbers for either system with madden 15.
    If we manage 16 players for either we cud take a team from each conference. No trading between ur own teams.
    Whoever picks first in 1st conference picks last in the 2nd so u shud have one good team and one project team

no possible to do that really, your GT can only be attached to one league

no possible to do that really, your GT can only be attached to one league

Was it only offline leagues that u cud have multiple players/coaches/owners?

• Advertisement

Is there any chance we could keep this league going for those interested? I'm really enjoying building my team. Even if I only have the CPU to play I don't mind, I enjoy the off season and player development the most anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I'll be grabing the new madden. On 360 . Going to the us in august so the xb1 funds wont be there

Any update on which way we are swaying?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Still 360 at this point for me, however that may change at christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Still 360 at this point for me, however that may change at christmas

I was thinking that both consoles league will be messed up if they don't put in an option to stop CPU teams picking up free agents cos each league wouldnt have enough players to cover the teams

Won't be possible, at best we can take restrictions off human FA bidding

guns4all wrote: »
    Any update on which way we are swaying?

It'll be 360 for me for Madden 15 unless:

1) I land a nice bet at the World Cup or an accumulator early in the new football season which gives me the spare cash to purchase one :pac:

2) Santa is good to me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Madden 15 will arrive long before Santa Paully

Advertisement