Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Dog Books

• 12-03-2014 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,250 ✭✭✭✭

A thread that is exactly what it says in the title. Can anyone recommend any books which are good for gaining knowledge about dogs?

For example, I'm particularly interested in reading about supplements, raw feeding etc. as I feel that being able to analyse food is where my own knowledge is limited. Anyone recommend any food reads?

Others may wish to put forward books for others which are good in relation to any topic e.g. getting a new dog, breeding, training a puppy etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Kukey

Good idea Lemlin :)
    The Essential German Shepherd Dog by Roy and Clarissa Allen is a book I bought 20 yrs ago when I got my first German Shepherd pup.
    I still have it on my bookshelf and will still go back to it now and then for different things re my dog.
    Everything you need to know about the GSD is in it and it's written very plain and simple.
    I would recommend it to anyone new to the breed.Its still available for sale on Amazon:)

Advertisement