Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I wear these with a suit/tux?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I like them, I think they'd look good for formal wear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Technically brogues shouldn't be worn with a tux, you really want the plainest possible shoes- black cap toes. But they're not that bad and the fact they are patent will help. I'd be more concerned that they're boots, which I honesty don't think would look good with a tux.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

What's the occasion?
    Are you just buying the shoes for the event, or do you more intend to have them for wear afterwards?

If it's for a serious hob-nob affair, you may need proper shoes.
    However, for most of black tie events (balls / weddings / minor awards etc...), any black shoes will probably do.
    I've got a blacktie wedding coming up and will just be donning my black brogue type shoes... they'll have a good shine on them beforehand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

If you are a quirky type of fella yes.

If you are a regular Joe then no.

Can you get them less shiny so you'll wear them more after?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

They are for 2 University balls and for an interview I have coming up.

Think Im probably better of sticking with the standard shoes now though...

Student ball - sure.

Interview with regular suit - yes.

If it was wedding/non student event, I'd say no.

Really nice shoes though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

They're shiny.

Good for looking up girls' skirts.

Sorry.

Advertisement