Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Franchise Tag/Trade Question

Options
  • 12-03-2014 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭

At the end of the year, J.J Watt is looking for new contract or will test free agency. I was wondering if I could franchise tag him, then trade him away to another team?

This is based off me assuming that I can't simply just trade him away since it's his last year?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

At the end of the year, J.J Watt is looking for new contract or will test free agency. I was wondering if I could franchise tag him, then trade him away to another team?

This is based off me assuming that I can't simply just trade him away since it's his last year?

Yes you can do that, the tag will see is total salary for the year be split 50/50 between bonus and salary, so you will take the bonus hit and i think its all in that year.

Lets say its 12 million to tag him, if you trade him you take a 6 million hit.. (i think)

Advertisement