Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer Gardens?

Options
  • 12-03-2014 3:59pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So now that we have a glimpse of some sunshine I’m looking forward to pints in the sun. So what are some of the best beer gardens or outdoor areas in South Dublin?

I was having a think about a few and many seem to be gone! The 40 Foot in Dun Laoghaire, gone. Tonic in blackrock, Gone. TGI Fridays on NewtownParkAvenue, gone. Very sad.

Anyway, The Meltin’ Pot (formerly Sheehans) in Blackrock has a decent one. Not really a beer garden but outside the Barge is great. In Dalkey the Ivory and Queens have nice areas too.

What others are there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The Eagle House in Glasthule has a great beer garden/roof terrace. https://www.facebook.com/EaglesHouse

http://www.oliveto.ie/ in Dun Laoighre have a good beer garden.

Killiney Castle have seats and tables in the front lawn and is always nice and relaxing

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

The Eden and The Orchard in Rathfarnham have lovely beer gardens, if you're willing to head out that direction!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mano bano

ted1 wrote: »
    The Eagle House in Glasthule has a great beer garden/roof terrace. https://www.facebook.com/EaglesHouse

http://www.oliveto.ie/ in Dun Laoighre have a good beer garden.

Killiney Castle have seats and tables in the front lawn and is always nice and relaxing

the Eagle house roof garden is closed. health and safety or something like that
    I like Byrnes/ Bradys in Shankill very good beer garden

mano bano wrote: »
    the Eagle house roof garden is closed. health and safety or something like that
    I like Byrnes/ Bradys in Shankill very good beer garden

That's a shame it was lovely. Especially in the sun shine.

Forgot to mention the tram yard in Dalkey is also really nice in the sun.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

If the beer garden in the Eagle house could have somehow been situated that it could take in the sea view it would have been fantastic.

• Advertisement

CatFromHue wrote: »
    If the beer garden in the Eagle house could have somehow been situated that it could take in the sea view it would have been fantastic.

a periscope could have done the job ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

The blue light

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Beer Garden in the Wishing Well is lovely on a nice Day

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭spillit67

The loss of the Playwright was a disaster for the area. How on earth you go from being the most expensive pub in Ireland to unoccupied for 30 months is absolutely ridiculous. TGIs screwed the pooch there. The place would need a serious amount of capital investment now to return it to what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

A lot of pubs are letting they're beer gardens slip lately.
    Someone mentioned the Eden, it's lovely on a warm sunny day but once the sun goes you are left frozen unless you are sitting directly under one of the heaters and if you are you will be completely burnt on one side of your body while the other side is frozen.
    In terms of functionality I quite like Searsons on Baggot Street, comfortable seats and tables while they have great heaters.
    For a cracking view then I'd say Blue light or Johnny Foxes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement