Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Visa Activation Question

Options
  • 12-03-2014 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi Guys,
    I was one of the lucky ones to get approved for a 2yr working holiday Visa in 2013, and i have until the end of July this year to activate it.
    Due to a few things happening i will not be able to make the big move before the end of the July, realistically it will be October now.
    I was told that i can get a flight to Canada and activate my visa (i.e just go over for a short holiday) and then re-enter Canada later in the year. The down side to this is i will be losing a few months of the visa, but i don't mind this as long as i am not losing the whole of the 2 yrs! So my plan would be to go to Vancouver for a week, stay in a hostel, get to know people and make some more contacts while getting to know the area and then return in Oct.

I just have a few questions if anyone can help?

1. Will i still have to show proof of funds?
    2. Will i still have to purchase health insurance for the 2 yrs?
    3. When going through immigration, do i tell them my exact plans to activate the visa now and return later in the year?

I would be grateful if anyone can provide me with any info on the above from their experience.

Thanks
    :)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Kildare263 wrote: »

1. Will i still have to show proof of funds?
    2. Will i still have to purchase health insurance for the 2 yrs?
    3. When going through immigration, do i tell them my exact plans to activate the visa now and return later in the year?

I would be grateful if anyone can provide me with any info on the above from their experience.

Thanks
    :)

1. Yes, I believe so
    2. Yes, I believe so
    3. I doubt you need to explain the situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭gavdolfini

Alert

The 2014 International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative is not open for the Working holiday category. Please refer to the IEC Website for the status of the quota.

wtf is going on?..Only allowing me to select one of two options?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 petemacdee

gavdolfini wrote: »
    Alert

The 2014 International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative is not open for the Working holiday category. Please refer to the IEC Website for the status of the quota.

wtf is going on?..Only allowing me to select one of two options?

The quota was filled up in less than 6 mins. Nuts.

fk sake, what now?

fk sake, what now?

Wait until the next round is announced.

• Advertisement

Next year?..crazy quick..

Next year?..crazy quick..

The date for the second round will be announced soon.

Working Holiday
    1st Round quota: 3,850
    Working Holiday places remaining: 0
    2nd Round quota: 3,850

Round 1: March 13th, 2014 at 8:00 p.m. Dublin time (16:00 Ottawa time)
    Round 2: Date to be announced

Do we have an advantage that we are few steps ahead in registration or start again?.

Start where you left off.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 sheng

what do you mean? do we have to go thru the whole process again or will we just fill in the IEC category and go from there?

• Advertisement

Just fill in the IEC category and you're good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 sheng

thanks very much. stupid question, would we not lose our account if the date for the 2nd round would be on the later months?

No, the Kompass account isn't linked to the rounds. Check out this thread for all the details: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056912149

Advertisement