Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVBLogic and Now TV box (Roku)

• 12-03-2014 4:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭

Ok so I have been thinking of possible set ups for server and clients around the house and would like anyone’s thoughts on the below or if you have any experience of DVBLogic etc too. I have some of the equipment to give it a bash so maybe I will try a few tests this weekend. All I need is to get DVBLogic set up on the PC

Backend (to start with – maybe I will eventually upgrade this to a proper NAS such as a Synology or QNAP)

• Win7 PC
    • DVBLogic and PLEX
    • DVB-T and DVB-S USB Tuners

This will allow me to record TV programs directly to a hard disk/USB external Hard Drive of the PC and to serve the content to clients. I can also serve music, photos, video and hopefully Live TV etc from here.

Clients
    • Now TV Box (for €15 it aint bad as a client as we have 1 main telly and 3 smaller ones around the house) If its not capable then maybe I could beef it up to have the Now TV boxes on the spare tellys and purchase a Roku 3 which would be the main client on the HDTV in the main room and that would be ethernet wired as I realize wireless will become a bottleneck if there are too many things going on at the same time.
    • Use DVBLink Plex Channel to watch live and recorded TV on Now TV Box!
    • Watch live TV programs on iPhone, iPad, Android devices around the house and use the DVBLogic app to schedule recordings etc etc

Is it a bit pie in the sky or could anyone that has tried DVBLogic give me their thoughts on it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Anyone using DVBLogic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 385 ✭✭peter_dublin

I'm using it, is there anything you would like to know, I would not recommend you use it with a NAS than a PC as your restricted to a list of specific tuners. I use it with 4 SAT tuners, 4 DVB-T Tuners and 2 Dreamboxes. I have 4 EG sources but I would not use it with anything other than a PC, Look at the HP Microserver for a 4 Bay Nas Solution you can run Microsoft Window on.

Advertisement