Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vitamins and stuff

• 12-03-2014 4:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

so i was throwing my diet into cronometer and wasn't entirely sure what the story was with many of the vitamins and RDA's

i'm apparently way down on vitamin D and B12 but am over my vitamin K allowance..

i took some cod liver oil to get my vitamin D up but that puts me over the 'safe' limit of vitamin A

what's the story here.. is long term going over terribly dangerous for me?

i googled a bit and apparently going over on vitamin k increases risk of stroke and other awful stuff a person who's prone to panic attacks probably shouldn't be reading..but if i'm only 40 micrograms over the limit..does it even matter?

im also only at 60% cholesterol for the day and since I eat more or less the same thing every day this means i'm getting far less cholesterol than I need on a regular basis.

how does this **** work.. is the basic gist of this post

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Your asking a far too complicated question but I will say there's nutrient synergy so with vit A,D+K(and calcium) they work together and it would seem that hypervitaminosis would occur when the ratio of these vitamins is off rather than going over any limit.

Just alter your diet a little to include more of these. And don't over think and worry because the stress is going to do far worse things to you than your diet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 cavalryman3

Talk to a Pharmacist?

From my understanding, Omega (Fish Oil) is the best Supplement you could take (unless you are deficient in vitamins,etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭GirlatdRockShow

You should be able to get all your "vitamins and stuff" from diet.
    The only vitamin that is currently recommended to be supplemented in Ireland for all age groups is vitamin D.
    :)

Advertisement