Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buggy/Stroller Help needed

Options
  • 12-03-2014 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for some recommendations for a buggy or stroller for my little man. He's 18months but quite big for his age, very tall. He's approx 13kg and at the minute I have Baby elegance Neyo and to be honest I feel like its feeling the strain a bit and in pretty annoyed after spending so much money on it.
    I don't mind getting another buggy if it's folds up good and small or I would settle for s good sturdy stroller, although from looking into strollers, I see that most of them have 15kg weight limit.

Anyone any recommendations? Thanks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My 14 month old is 12 kilos and the 3 year old is 13kg. Our single buggy is not used nearly as much as our double and is only to fill a gap of a few months until baby is born.
    I would take a look at the out n about nipper single,it can take the weight and is light and sturdy and works as well in a shop as on a beach as up a mountain.
    We got a Petit Zia as we needed a light stroller that could be given to grandparents etc and I personally hate all the Mc Larens and Mc laren type buggies but that comes mostly comes from not living in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Moonbeam wrote: »
    My 14 month old is 12 kilos and the 3 year old is 13kg. Our single buggy is not used nearly as much as our double and is only to fill a gap of a few months until baby is born.
    I would take a look at the out n about nipper single,it can take the weight and is light and sturdy and works as well in a shop as on a beach as up a mountain.
    We got a Petit Zia as we needed a light stroller that could be given to grandparents etc and I personally hate all the Mc Larens and Mc laren type buggies but that comes mostly comes from not living in the city.
    Thanks for that. Will look into the out and about! Sounds good! I just presumed this buggy would do me until he was older but obviously not :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It so depends on the child:) I find it hilarious having 2 nearly the same size with a full 2 year age gap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

I also have an out n about, it's a great lightweight buggy and very easy to steer, it is a little longer than your standard buggy and I'm not mad about the way it folds but other than that no complaints.

I have the double and I love how it folds out ,I grab the handle in the boot and it all unfolds on its way out:) I am so lazy.
    I do love the way it folds flat though,it can fit in nearly anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I had awful trouble finding a stroller for my Girl. She's just turned 2 but quite tall. Most stroller harness where tight in her or she just looked huge in them

I finally found mamas and papas armadillo. It's nickname is the little big stroller. Suitable from birth. She's only on the 2nd notch on the harness so has plenty of room

It folds in half really easily

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8f1Q9WS1Vpc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

foodaholic wrote: »
    I had awful trouble finding a stroller for my Girl. She's just turned 2 but quite tall. Most stroller harness where tight in her or she just looked huge in them

I finally found mamas and papas armadillo. It's nickname is the little big stroller. Suitable from birth. She's only on the 2nd notch on the harness so has plenty of room

It folds in half really easily

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8f1Q9WS1Vpc
    Hi. Thanks for that. I just had a look but unfortunately its weight limit is also 15kg.
    Thanks though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Gee_G wrote: »
    Hi. Thanks for that. I just had a look but unfortunately its weight limit is also 15kg.
    Thanks though :)

Nearly all strollers weight limit is tested up to 15kg. I think there is a few American ones that are weight tested higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

I think my Silvercross pop says on the box that is takes up to 25kg even though websites selling them say otherwise!

It is 25kg on the Pop.
    http://www.mothercare.com/Silver-Cross-Pop-Stroller/LK2714,default,pd.html
    I found it awful to push though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement