Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season Tickets Free Entry To All Ireland Club Finals

Options
  • 12-03-2014 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭

Heads up for all (Croke Park) season ticket holders. Your season ticket will entitle you to free entry to the All Ireland club finals in Croke Park on St Patrick's Day. If you are not intending to use your tickets, please make use of them and pass them on to supporters going to the match.

Guys, looking for a favour.

If any of you season ticket holders are not planning on going to the Club finals on St Patrick's day, don't let your season tickets go to waste. Please pass them on to Castlebar Mitchel's supporters. You can also send them on (pdf's) to Mayo Club 51 and they will pass them on to a Castlebar Mitchel's club representative. Full details on how to order and download the tickets are on,

http://mayoclub51.com/season-tickets...y-club-finals/

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Martin567

Maybe I'm only being pessimistic and cynical but I can see why many season ticket holders would be reluctant to do this.

The season ticket is particularly worthwhile if your county has a hope of making it to Croke Park in September. I would be reluctant to do anything that would lead to my ticket being cancelled. In sending a pdf onto complete strangers, I would have to trust that they would not print off multiple copies of the same ticket and try to gain entry for several people. Alternatively, the person with the ticket could photocopy it and give copies to friends. There would be little risk to these people as the worst that could happen is they would be refused entry at the stile. They could then simply purchase another ticket. The season ticket holder would be the one who could be in trouble with the authorities and face the loss of the ticket.

I would not be prepared to risk my ticket by putting my trust in the honesty of strangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

It is part of the deal with the season ticket, "Free entry to Club finals on St Patrick's Day" It also states that if you are not able to attend a match you can pass on your ticket to someone. You have to log in to your account and request your "Free" tickets, you can choose which section. You then either print off your ticket or save the pdf to e-mail to someone. Why would a family of 4 pay €100 when they could get someones "Free" tickets? I was a bit selfish asking for them for Mitchel's supporters, but they can be given to anyone. A lot of season ticket holders probably don't even know there're entitled to them!

By the way, I've passed on my 3 "Free" tickets to different club supporters on this and other forum's for the last 5 year's. Just trying to help out other GAA supporters.

mayo.mick wrote: »
    It is part of the deal with the season ticket, "Free entry to Club finals on St Patrick's Day" It also states that if you are not able to attend a match you can pass on your ticket to someone. You have to log in to your account and request your "Free" tickets, you can choose which section. You then either print off your ticket or save the pdf to e-mail to someone. Why would a family of 4 pay €100 when they could get someones "Free" tickets? I was a bit selfish asking for them for Mitchel's supporters, but they can be given to anyone. A lot of season ticket holders probably don't even know there're entitled to them!

By the way, I've passed on my 3 "Free" tickets to different club supporters on this and other forum's for the last 5 year's. Just trying to help out other GAA supporters.

I'm not disagreeing with any of that but you haven't addressed the risk I mentioned above in giving a ticket to a complete stranger. You might consider me very cynical but, from experience, I would have very little faith in the honesty of a lot of Irish people not to want to pull a fast one. Especially when there would be no risk from their perspective.

I can just imagine posting here about my ticket being cancelled only to be told that it was all my own fault for trying to do someone else a favour. I'd rather not take that risk.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Martin567 wrote: »
    I'm not disagreeing with any of that but you haven't addressed the risk I mentioned above in giving a ticket to a complete stranger. You might consider me very cynical but, from experience, I would have very little faith in the honesty of a lot of Irish people not to want to pull a fast one. Especially when there would be no risk from their perspective.

I can just imagine posting here about my ticket being cancelled only to be told that it was all my own fault for trying to do someone else a favour. I'd rather not take that risk.

I can somewhat see what you are saying, but I think in fairness 99.9% of GAA fans are sound and you won't have an issue there. And in Mayo Micks case he would know nearly all those who has signed up to the Mayo51 group so I would think you are safe in sending it to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

yop wrote: »
    I can somewhat see what you are saying, but I think in fairness 99.9% of GAA fans are sound and you won't have an issue there. And in Mayo Micks case he would know nearly all those who has signed up to the Mayo51 group so I would think you are safe in sending it to him.

Can also see where you are coming from in relation to who you send your ticket on to. I and many others have been stung (at championship) before with people photocopying tickets and selling on, id say they club links for tickets are legit but i too would be apprehensive of doing it myself. I've found someone on boards to give my two spare tickets to but on the only condition that i meet him and other person at turnstile and he goes in with me, which is fair enough. (also that he cheers for Vincents...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

I got my all Ireland tickets in the past from people who dont know me and have to trust me. Just doing my bit as I see it passing on the club final tickets now I have a season ticket. Only problem I ever saw at a match was from Dublin fans visiting Castlebar, so I happily give my free tickets to an unknown Mayo GAA supporter (fanatics the lot of us). :D no worries there imo and no worries with mayo mick either.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ilovegalway

Gave my 3 tickets to Castlebar people that are supporting there club. Great to give something away! Thanks for the reminder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

BKWDR wrote: »
    Can also see where you are coming from in relation to who you send your ticket on to. I and many others have been stung (at championship) before with people photocopying tickets and selling on, id say they club links for tickets are legit but i too would be apprehensive of doing it myself. I've found someone on boards to give my two spare tickets to but on the only condition that i meet him and other person at turnstile and he goes in with me, which is fair enough. (also that he cheers for Vincents...)

The people the tickets are going to are known to us, not complete strangers. There will always be someone trying to take advantage, but we are genuine supporters helping out other supporters. We also wanted to highlight the fact that season ticket holders were entitled to this offer, (a lot of people still don't!) and if they were'nt using the tickets, to make sure that they were used. As cynical as the whole world has gone in recent years, there are people who would like to, and do help out other people.

Thanks for everyone's contribution and offers of tickets, we were flooded with tickets over the last few days, we passed them all on and everyone is sorted now. Apologies to anyone that got upset or annoyed at our request, all we were trying to do was highlight the fact that season ticket holders were entitled to these "Free" tickets as part of the deal, and not let them go to waste!

We wish all 4 teams competing in Croke Park on St Patrick's Day the very best of luck and may the best teams win. Wishing everyone a very happy St Patrick's Day.

(Mods can lock this tread if they wish)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

The people the tickets are going to are known to us, not complete strangers. There will always be someone trying to take advantage, but we are genuine supporters helping out other supporters. We also wanted to highlight the fact that season ticket holders were entitled to this offer, (a lot of people still don't!) and if they were'nt using the tickets, to make sure that they were used. As cynical as the whole world has gone in recent years, there are people who would like to, and do help out other people.

Thanks for everyone's contribution and offers of tickets, we were flooded with tickets over the last few days, we passed them all on and everyone is sorted now. Apologies to anyone that got upset or annoyed at our request, all we were trying to do was highlight the fact that season ticket holders were entitled to these "Free" tickets as part of the deal, and not let them go to waste!

We wish all 4 teams competing in Croke Park on St Patrick's Day the very best of luck and may the best teams win. Wishing everyone a very happy St Patrick's Day.

In fairness i agree with what you are saying, i've received tickets like this before myself, i was just agreeing with the original poster with my experience too.
    But i know (of) mayo mick and would know that it was 110% genuine. There are scammers in all walks of life i guess!

May the best team in Blue and White win on Monday! :)

I wasn't upset or annoyed by your request in any way. I have no reason to believe you are anything other than genuine. However, you are a complete stranger to me as are all these other people to whom you would be passing the tickets on. I would be very reluctant to pass on a ticket under those circumstances and would agree with BKWDR about the best strategy being to meet the recipient at the turnstile and go through with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 byrne28

Hi Lads,

Has anyone used the bring a friend facility on season tickets for the club final? trying to get 2 together but it doesn't seem to be available for the game.

Since it wont sell out i find this strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

hi, may be dumb question but can you get tickets on the day at the stadium?

I'm presuming you can ....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

sealgaire wrote: »
    hi, may be dumb question but can you get tickets on the day at the stadium?

I'm presuming you can ....

Yes it'll be no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Martin567 wrote: »
    I wasn't upset or annoyed by your request in any way. I have no reason to believe you are anything other than genuine. However, you are a complete stranger to me as are all these other people to whom you would be passing the tickets on. I would be very reluctant to pass on a ticket under those circumstances and would agree with BKWDR about the best strategy being to meet the recipient at the turnstile and go through with them.

Ah would you stop, you're reading way too much into it. The GAA practically encourages you to give your ticket to a fan who is attending; you get the attendance, they get the game. Anybody who buys tickets and prints at home can do the same thing - print multiples and do people over. So what happens there when there's no Season Ticket to block? Or what happens the season ticket holder who loses their tickets on match day and the finder touts out multiple copies? None of the ticket holders get in but your card doesn't get cancelled. I gave my tickets away last year to a complete randomer, and I'm giving one away this year too. There is no risk involved, put away the paranoia.

Advertisement