Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boyds ss evolution question

Options
  • 12-03-2014 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm looking at the boyds ss evolution stock and I'm just wondering if anyone has one and if so, what are they like? It'll be for a heavy barrel cz455 hmr. Any thoughts?
    cheers
    LR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

Have 1 for my ruger 10/22 and love it, feels nice in the hand!!
    1 of the Best stocks out there!!

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/product.htm?pid=8901&cat=1214

If you order from Boyd's USA you will get a letter from customs asking for
    proof of a gun licence, Just scan it and email it to them....done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

duckman!! wrote: »
    Have 1 for my ruger 10/22 and love it, feels nice in the hand!!
    1 of the Best stocks out there!!

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/product.htm?pid=8901&cat=1214

If you order from Boyd's USA you will get a letter from customs asking for
    proof of a gun licence, Just scan it and email it to them....done!!

The letter from customs must be new. I got a Boyd's stock last summer and I didn't need to provide proof of having a gun licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Yeah Customs caught me for the licence too, didn't even make the first move and contact me about it. It was coming up as being in An Post's depot, I called them up and they informed me Customs had it. An Post got onto them and then Customs finally contacted me after them having it about a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Longranger wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm looking at the boyds ss evolution stock and I'm just wondering if anyone has one and if so, what are they like? It'll be for a heavy barrel cz455 hmr. Any thoughts?
    cheers
    LR

The Evo is a bit too tricked out for my taste.

I went with the Thumbhole on my 10/22. However, if they made the Hunter for the 10/22, I would have bought that instead.

For hunting, on long actions, I like the Prairie hunter.

Not crazy about thumbhole stocks that see duty in the field.

Personally, I find that I can get a firearm from sling to shoulder faster if it is not a thumbhole.

If the CZ is going to see more BR than field, that a Thumbhole is fine.

Advertisement